what will you be doing for christmas? will anyone be spending it alone?

i'm a man in my forties and i live alone but fortunately won't be spending christmas alone, my elderly mum and dad will be visiting me over the period...but if it weren't for them, i would be alone completely...as i had mental problems and never achieved any relationships, so have no support system.

how about you?

merry christmas to the answerers here and the best of the season.

• Foofa
    Favorite Answer

I’m Jewish but you and your parents are welcome at my house on Christmas. Just get yourself to Southern California. :-)

I will be alone like always grieving my lost childhood. Grieving all the promises my dad made me that he broke. Grieving my mom‘s death from pancreatic cancer. Grieving my narcissistic sisters rejection of me. Grieving my mom‘s family not wanting me around. Grieving that my dad‘s family was so small when they all died they were gone. Grieving my mental illness. Grieving all the pure abuse I suffered in school. Grieving all the ignorance in this world including how my step mom gets my dad to ignore me. Grieving that my stepmom’s children don’t wanna get to know me. Grieving all the victims of car accidents and drug deaths and disasters that happened at Christmas. Knowing that I will be grieving even more next year and knowing that as my father gets older he might die without me getting close to him and that’s all grieve the loss relationship his 2nd wife caused.  I will be grieving the fact that I’m a day older and a day closer to death and that I can’t enjoy Christmas the way I could as a kid. I will be grieving all four of my grandparents having died years ago. I will be grieving the diseases that I know I might get in the coming years. Lastly I will be grieving the existence for my life has been a tragedy. 

Christmas is the season for grieving.  

im a man who's nearing death and i'll be spending it all by myself so whats the worry!

christmas at home by yourself,  means no family induced stress.   I might invite my new Ghanaian neighbor round hes a riot and loves a drink lol

• I’m 24 . Will probably spend a couple of hours with my family. Parents sis and bro . I don’t live with them (The most I can handle being around them without loosing it ) , I’ll then go to my 48 year old boyfriends house if he wants me or if we don’t fight , and then if things get depressing enough and that doesn’t work out j end up at the Irish bar up the street for drink Irish baileys and a thought for myself ... maybe drunkingly light a candle for my loved ones and me to have a good better year And to make it through the next one , listen to a few tunes .although it’s not nice being alone on Christmas spending time with yourself and your thoughts isn’t the worst thing if you have a home and roof over ur head . It’s a time to reflect your time on this earth and to feel blessings ....God bless

I've spent the last 10 or so Christmases alone and see no reason to change now. I can sleep in and relax all day. No brats screaming. No family fights. A few times I didn't even bother to get dressed.