How do I fix my printer?

Hi guys, well I bought a new printer because my old one ran out of ink carteredges.  My son was helping me unload it from the car but he dropped it. When i opened it up it had a crack down the middle and when I plugged it in the screen is all fuzy and it makes a bad noise when I try to print. I took it back to the store but they said all sales are final. Can anyone tell me how to fix it? I have a screw diver so I can open it up so thats not an issue. My other son is good with computers, he restores old game boys so I think he can help me but hes really busy so I want to try myself. 

Let me know! Thanks!!

Update:

Its a black HP

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 days ago

Take it out and throw in in the dumpster... THAT'S the best way to fix it and go buy another and do not drop it this time.. 

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

you need to buy a new son.

• 1 month ago

I'm afraid it's broken beyond economic repair. As hard as it is, you'll need to go get another new printer. Of course, you could always just buy a new set of inks for the old printer.

• 2 months ago

Of course the store isn't going to replace it, it was alright when they sold it to you and you took it away. It's not their problem that you subsequently dropped it.

From your point of view I very much doubt that you are going to be able to repair it. Buy another and this time don't drop it.

Maybe your other son will be able to fix it, maybe he won't. If he does, you've then got a spare printer.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

it's dead, Jim. the plastic could possibly be mended [plastic model glue] but the screen can't be fixed. it's junk

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

< I took it back to the store >

A store is not going to replace a printer because you dropped it.

Buy a new printer, they aren't that much.

• Lili
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Why didn't you just buy new ink cartridges?

• Daria2 months agoReport

Sorry I should have specified. It was old printer and they stopped making my version. It was an old dell one (black).

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.