Can I grow beans indoors?

I want to grow beans because I like to make bean soup and bean casserol. But Its winter as you know and they might die. Can I grow the beans inside somehow? How do I get dirt if its FROZEN? Can I grow them in paper towels like I did when I was a kid. Thanks guys/gals!

Yes you can grow beans indoor 

to get the plant from a seed to an edible bean, will take months. By the time winter is over you will be able to harvest it. AND those types of plants often grow to 8 feet.Not going to happen in your living room or den.

Its cheaper to buy the beans by the bag full, already dried and ready to cook.

The trick is getting enough direct sunlight. Very difficult to do inside. I doubt that even the use of Ground-Lights would not be enough. 

Do what people have been doing for centuries, use dried beans. You can get them at any grocery store. Once cooked you won't know the difference

Yes you can grow beans indoors. Beans are remarkably easy to grow.

• Ben

You can start they off indoors, but you can't grow them big enough to get a crop indoors. The plants won't get nearly enough light indoors, even right next to a sunny window, and if they are climbing beans they will grow much too big.

You can start them off in small pots indoors, ready to be planted out, but beans grow quickly, and are usually ready to plant out with 4-6 weeks of sowing, so you don't want to be sowing now. Wait until 4-6 weeks before your last frost (beans cannot survive a frost), and then sow them in pots indoors then.

• Mark

You can, and potting soil you buy at home improvement stores is not frozen.

• Daria1 month agoReport

Thanks Ill ask the guy in the store about indoor soil!

Can be grown. And who forbids?

• Daria1 month agoReport

Who for bits what ant?