Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 2 months ago

Christians, what would you say if atheist ask you why does GOD hide himself then?

if i were GOD i wouldn't play games and just show my self I would just show my self & not just one time but stay around & talk to my kids

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

U R ADMITTING GOD IS REAL WHICH IS A GOOD START....GOD IS NOT HIDING...HE IS BILLIONS OF MILES AWAY AND ALSO IN THE HEARTS OF MILLIONS...U DO NOT JUDGE GOD...HE IS JUDGE...

• Login to reply the answers
  • 2 months ago

Why do we send our children away to school? So they can learn to take care of themselves, right? God is no different. His constant presence would make that impossible, just like if your father tried to be your roommate at college.

• Pyriform
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

Does God think that the only two options are constant presence or constant absence, then?

• 2 months ago

Currently the President of the United States is Donald Trump.  He makes appearances pretty much every day (and tweets dozen of times) so that probably 99.9% of the world believes that he is real and does exist.  (There are always going to be a few idiots who disbelieve anything.)

But last time a check, there was pretty much a 50/50 mix between people who believed in him and his policies and those who disagree and would like to see him out of office.  (Probably true of most Presidents, not just Trump.)

Just because people know he exist and is the President (though some think he cheated to get the position) that does not mean that they trust or follow him.  Head knowledge is not the same as heart knowledge.

God could appear in a blaze of glory and let the whole world see him today.  But by tomorrow there would be those who would question is right to be in the position of "God".  And those who question everything he says or does.  And those who would totally reject having anything at all to do with him.  (I something think those may actually be the in the majority.)

Because once again head knowledge is not the same as heart known.  Just because God exist does not mean they want to trust or follow him - or have anything to do with him.

God is smarter then we are.  He knows hat just because you get someone's head does not mean you get their heart.  But if you get someone's heart, the head comes along for free.

So God gives enough evidence of his existence that 80% of the human population at any point in history as being "theist".  But not enough that his existence can be a proven fact.  That way people have to seek for him.  When they do that, usually they want to find him.  Their "heart" is already leading towards him. 

That is why God requires people to come to him "by faith".  It means they come with their heart.  They come wanting to find.  And they come willing to trust.  He gets the heart, and the head comes along for free.   (CS Lewis, who was an atheist for much of his life, wrote that while he was an atheist he was always made at God for not existing. Even then his heart was already seeking for God.)

God does not appear in a blaze of glory because it would not work.  People would still reject him.  But if he woes them to him "by faith", then they accept him.  (And he gets 80% of the human population that way.)

God does not appear visibly because he is smart enough to know it would be pointless.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

In my experience, Christians hide behind the excuse that "God does not have to prove himself to you sinners!" I beg to differ. If God expects me to listen to him, he can speak.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Paul
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

He doesn't. Do you suppose hundreds of millions of people would follow Him if they never found Him? He reveals Himself to us in so many different ways, allows us to live in daily relationship and communication with Him. Why does He "hide" Himself from you? He doesn't! He is just waiting for you to ask Him to reveal Himself to you.

• ...Show all comments
    • Pyriform
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

"He is just waiting for you to ask Him to reveal Himself to you."
      Couldn't he hear me when I did ask?

• 2 months ago

God can't be here cause He's in heaven, where you left. You reconnect by prayer because the kingdom of heaven is within you

• We have said many times, and in so many ways, that if atheists want to see the trial of God, they must pray to God for a time, only then can God manifest Himself!

Since atheists do not humble themselves, they will see God only on the day of their judgment!

In any case, be praise to God who saved atheists, and continues to do so, when they prayed to him, during their conversion for the preached gospel.

• 2 months ago

You might have heard of those arranged marriages in the Middle East. Kids are young as 7 or 8 are assigned a life partner by adults. That seems horrible in our minds as a westerner. Why? Because true love can only be a free choice. If God appeared right now in the sky with a booming voice there would no longer be atheists but would people love God? Christians would love seeing their God but More than likely atheists would see God as intimidating, maybe a force they didn’t wish is real. Believing in God and loving a god are two different things. God wants belief but he wants love by choice not by slubjugation

• Oleg
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Some of them already have said here that even if they hear something from God, they will claim it is a mental derangement or illusion.

The same even if He appears to them in dreams - they will dismiss it as the fantasy conjured by their brain.Only those who sincerely seek God - will find Him, anyway He appeals to them, whether directly by Word, dreams, Holy Scriptures, or through His servants Christians.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

God does indeed talk to us, His children.  As far as others are concerned He sent His Son to take our punishment for sin, saw Him die on the cross and is always waiting to hear from His people.  

If you have chosen to not believe in Him and never try to learn of Him via the Bible (God's Word to mankind) and you never speak to Him in prayer, asking and listening to Him as well as making requests, then it is no wonder that you feel He is hiding. It is YOU who is not searching for Him with all your heart. He isn't going to just suddenly pop up to prove anything to you when He has no communication from YOU.  

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.