Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 1 month ago

can i be not pregnant?

my pregnancy test i took at the doctors said positive and ive missed my period. but i dont feel pregnant. could it be a false positive and theres something else wrong? i have an ultrasound tomorrow but i just wanna know if thre could be something else wrong instead of my being pregannt.

ive also been having some bad pain in my stomach all the way up my chest. (obviously im gonna mention this to my doc) but does it sound like it could be soemthing else?

If it showed up on the test then you are it will take a bit for you to feel like you’re pregnant. Haha morning sickness always got me, knew I was ahah head in bucket every morning horrible 

• Suzy Q

Exactly what do you think pregnancy feels like? No two pregnancies are the same. What another woman feels at this stage may not be what you feel. Even if you have been pregnant before you may not feel like you felt last time.

And it's not uncommon to have whole stretches of time during pregnancy - before you start feeling kicks - when you don't feel anything at all out of the ordinary. 

Honestly it sounds like you're in denial. You had a positive pregnancy test. At the doctor no less, so you know it was done correctly. It's safe to assume you're pregnant. 

Why are you getting an ultrasound? Are you that far along? 

"Feeling" pregnant is not a requirement to be pregnant.

False positives are rare especially when done by the doctor.

You DO need to mention the pain to the doctor since that could indicate  a problem with the pregnancy.

BTW - with my first baby - I didn't "feel" pregnant until around the fifth month.  I never even had morning sickness or nausea during any part of the day.  

• Jill

False positives are very rare. 

What are you expecting to feel? Not all pregnant women have symptoms (besides the missing period) in early pregnancy and some women have very few at all.

Talk to your doctor about the pain. 

Listen to the doctors or you can just wait about 4 months for the proof you want.