Re: Jn 16:13 What does Jesus mean "for He shall not speak of Himself but whatsoever He hears that shall He speak?" Jesus speaks not fm Bible?

@ THE "COWARD" (REVELATION 21:8) JON PIKE WHO BLOCKS COMMENTS

Whatever "the Father" gives "the Son" we have.  For there is ONLY >>>"ONE SELFSAME SPIRIT"<<< (I Corinthians 12:11-12) doing 

EVERYTHING because we have "joined to His Spirit" (I Corinthians 6:17) after Holy Spirit baptism (Acts 1:5;8) and are "ONE BODY" as "members of the body of Christ" (I Corinthians 12:11-12)!"And all mine are thine, and thine are mine; and I am glorified in them" (John 17:10).

READ ON "COWARD" (REVELATION 21:8)!

He meant that after his death and resurrection, the Holy Ghost would come to his disciples and would speak only what God commands him. Also that the Holy Ghost would reveal much truth to them.

• Norine1 month agoReport

To them?  What about us whom "God has set in the Church as apostles, prophets, etc (I Cor 12:28)?

Read on. "All that belongs to the Father is mine. That is why I said the Spirit will receive from me what he will make known to you.”

Source(s): Jn. 16:15
    • Norine1 month agoReport

"ONE BODY" (I Cor 12:11-12) because we have "joined to His Spirit" (I Cor 6:17) after Holy Spirit baptism (I Cor 12:13)

Read on. Jesus says "All that belongs to the Father is mine. That is why I said the Spirit will receive from me what he will make known to you.”

Source(s): Jn. 16:15

To consider...

"What divine activity in the world do we appropriate to God the Holy Spirit? Why?

The divine activity appropriated to God the Holy Spirit is the sanctification of mankind through the communication of divine grace. This is suitable because the Holy Spirit is the personal term of the infinite act of mutual love of the Father and Son. And man’s sanctification is eminently an expression of divine love

right..Jesus never said the Bible is our authority. The Holy Spirit is who we connect with through prayer, not reading. Ask and you shall receive, not read, and you'll get the right answer.

• Norine1 month agoReport

When you learn to "join to His Spirit" (I Cor 6:17) the way Jesus said (John 10:1) we join to His Spirit via baptism with the Holy Ghost (Acts 1:5; 8) then all this other religion of Christianity you've been taught will sound just as IGNORANT to you as it does to me!

Jesus speaks for the Father. It was always Christ's desire to do the will of the Father. Thus, Jesus represents  the Father in all things and can be considered one with Him.

• Norine1 month agoReport

What are you talking about? Does Jesus speak to us DIRECTLY is the question? Is it true , He will not speak of Himself but whatever He hears that shall He speak?

He's not talking about what He hears from the Father but He's telling the disciples what the Comforter would do for them.