Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkNon-Alcoholic Drinks · 2 months ago

I found an old can of Coca-Cola from 1990. No corrosion on the can. It looks perfect. Is it safe to drink? What will it taste like?

The sell by date says 6/20/1990

It's fine to drink and it will taste like Coke, but it may have gone flat and won't taste nearly as good.

It's probably fine if the can is intact and has no sign of the seal breaking.

It'll probably also taste like flat coke since it's unlikely the carbonation would last that long. I had a case of vanilla coke that sat for maybe a couple months and it was barely carbonated by the end of it.

• rena

Yes it’s safe to drink. (I’ve never personally tried 20-30+ year old coke, but I’ve seen videos on YouTube) it may lose carbonation though.

• Olive

I seen a video of a woman on YouTube who drank a can of coke from 90s and she said it was flat but still tasted lil coke taste yet. She still makes videos of trying stuff so I'm sure it's be safe

• God

It's safe, but it may not have much flavor.

• hamel5

As long as the can is intact and the coke still has it's bubbles - it should be fine. 

I guess that it'll taste like a coke. 

• BJJ

It should have a use by date printed on it somewhere , but i wouldn't drink it after all that time