I need to thank this person but I’m super shy?

So I was in the middle of a chemistry exam today, this guy finished his and when he stood up to reach his exam to the professor he casually looked at my table and I smiled cz I know everyone was cheating and he smiled back kinda saying “I know lol” but as he was gathering his stuff and getting ready to leave I see him approaching my table, leaves a calculator on top of my table and says “thank you”, when I look at the calculator, all the answers were there! :0 I have never shared a word with him before, I have casually smiled at him if something funny happened (not flirting)

The girl that sits next to him took the calculator when she was leaving to take it back to him and I said thank you to her.

As I was leaving the building I saw them buying starbucks from a far, and I took the other exit so they didn’t see me cz they’re very friendly and outgoing and talk a lot, I am the super shiest person you will ever get to meet in your life, and all I could probably say was a shy awkward “thank you” and he probably will want to continue a conversation with me, he’s very handsome :( and that would just make things worse.

What should I do? :(

• CB
    Favorite Answer

The best way to overcome shyness (or any fear) is to do the thing that scares you. In this case it won't kill you if it goes wrong (unlike fear of heights, or skydiving or skin divine) and you might find that talking with someone who already has the 'gift of gab' is not painful at all. 

There was a reason for him being nice to you - thank him sincerely  and you will likely find out what the reason is - I can almost guarantee you it will be a nice conversation. 

Doing nothing always results in nothing happening (good or bad).

Doing something at least gives you a 50% chance of something good happening and very likely a 95% chance in this case.

• RP

Mind your manners and keep away. Do you really think someone helping you cheat is doing you a favor?

• Brian

Just say to him "thanks for helping me" and that'll break the ice with him. It sounds like he wants to get to know you already by his actions so let things fall as they may. If you snooze you'll lose.