What is the most reliable dating website where I can meet decent guys?

Favorite Answer

Non are any better then meeting someone from a friend, who knows you both. Or at church, if you go. I saw a news story, that talking on an AP, or online through emails to a possible date, you can not always know what a person is thinking when they say something, and you can not see their eyes, or facial expressions. If you want to meet someone, do things you like to do with friends, or by yourself, and meet others who also like to do those things. Bowling, working out at the gym, running, diving. Or take a class to learn something you want to learn. A new language, yoga, learn to play the piano.  You also can volunteer, but its best you have a passion about where you volunteer. I took care of my mom, and grandma, and when grandma was at a nursing home. I visited her 2-3 days a week. And we played cards, with other residences. I also because I am a dog person volunteer at the animal shelter, near me.   

Perosnally I've never had any luck. But hey why not try them all. Just take safety measures before u go home with them. Dont wanna be on crime watch daily

• .

There are quality and crap on every dating site, but the ones that require users to pay are more likely to have less flakes and fewer people just looking for hookups (because there are free sites where they can find that). The free sites are a crap shoot, literally. There are a few quality guys and gals, but the vast majority of people who use them aren't really looking for a serious relationship. 

Match.com and eharmony.com are 2 of the more well known for-fee dating websites in the US. A popular free one is plentyoffish.com (it's hit or miss, but I've known people to have some success). 

Be cautious about ANYONE you meet in person, from a website. Always meet in a public place the first time. Make sure a friend or family member knows where you will be and to expect you to check in (call, not text) at a certain time, to verify you're still safe and all is well. 

• Brian

None are. Your best bet is to join a volunteer group and get yourself out in public more. When you're in a volunteer group you already know the guys there have an honest giving heart or else they wouldn't be volunteering to begin with... plus you get instant gratification and eye contact so it's more difficult for them to try and pass off a lie to you.

• Mikey

None. Decent people don't need dating sites.

• .

Paid sites like e-Harmony.