web development using django or web development using php and mysql?

why dont try both? just make a simple webpage in both and see what you will like to work for future projects.

I'd pick Python with Django or Flask over PHP on any host where I have some control over the server and where I'll need a lot of original code on the server side.   If it's not at least a VPS (virtual private server) hosting plan as a minimum, or if I'm only using the database for logins or something, then I'd choose PHP.

With inexpensive shared hosting, support for Python can be either missing, or deficient.  Even if the planned host had Python/Django support as a "feature", I'd want the ability to move the site elsewhere.

I'm no fan of PHP, but it is the minimum portable standard across the vast majority of hosting providers.  And if I'm trying to get by with the minimum of original code, there's lots of free and/or cheap stuff out there.

• Bort

I prefer using what I'm used to which would be php and MySQL. I've been studying coding since 1982 and began designing things for the web in 1994 when the internet was first released to the public, and HTML was being developed. So I'm used to hard coding and therefore that is what I prefer because while I've used probably near every program that writes the code for you I've found that almost all of them include what I call "garbage" code that's simply that: garbage that's not needed. 

If you hard code it there's no garbage therefore the pages are faster, the code is substantially cleaner, and all of those variables provide a better experience for the end user in my opinion. Mostly because the page loads faster. 

There are a lot of packages (Content Management Systems: CMS) available coded in PHP that are easy to install and pretty much an almost instant web portal that include an admin section that requires a privelaged login to access that makes editing and administrating CMS web pages fairly easy. There is always a learning curve but most of these CMS portal packages have free support on the website for them. 

The best advice that can be given in my opinion is to do your homework. When you find a portal package you think might be for you look in to it really well, use EasyPHP to test it locally and evaluate them to find the one that's perfectly for you. https://www.easyphp.org/

EasyPHP is a great tool that allows you to run the kind of portals you're asking about locally without putting them online so you can make your edits, include your personal content, and create the cosmetics of these sites before you get a host and place it online so when you finally do publish it online it's ready for it's audience to use.