where can I get my deer butchered ?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

It would be unimaginably helpful if you had told us where you live.  I could recommend a place such as Ebels General Store in Falmouth, Michigan, but that may not be helpful to you if you're in Salinas, California.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Robin
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

going on a training course and learn to do it yourself

• BBean
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

You should have arranged that before you decided to hunt. Word of mouth among local hunters is best. Visit coffee shops and look for the guy in camouflage and ask. He may be a pretender but the next one may give you a world of info.

Sometimes a deer processor will set up a seasonal shop because the job is like a gift wrapping job at Christmas...temporary... and owners are not listed in the yellow pages or have business cards made up. 

Three major things often forgotten by ametuer hunters; 1. Deep freezer to keep venison. 2. Someone to process. 3. (but not necessarily in order) A way to get your deer out of the kill area to your vehicle. More than just occasionally hunters kill more than they can carry. 

A positive thinking (solo) hunter will carry small shovel or entrenching tool to bury intestines and some sort of wrap and not wander too far off from his means of transportation.(like 4 wheeler)

• Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

Where I live several butchers for local grocery stores will open a butcher shop for deer
      on the weekend and at night. Ask around as someone in your area surely has a shop.

• 1 month ago

I don't always go to an international forum and ask a 'where can I get something done question"...… but when I do, I am sure mention what fricken state and city or town I live so the answers are useful.  

Find a feed store.  Ask them.  They should know who the local butchers are.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Hunting is wrong. All hunters are sick minded people.

• Robin
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

enjoy your KFC

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

That’s sickening to hurt deer.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Walmart.  Drive around back to the loading dock and they'll take care of it for you.              

• Mark
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Usually at any butcher shop.  (No, I don't mean the one at the back of Kroger, I mean a shop that ONLY cuts meat.)

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.