Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 month ago

How do you make your siblings try and lose weight without overstepping your boundaries?

2 of my siblings are overweight. 1 is turning 18 next year and 1 is in their 20s.

Favorite Answer

You can't. Trust me. My sister is HUGE and nothing anyone has said; me, my mom, her effing DOCTORS, has gotten through to her.

You can't make them do anything. It has to be up to them if they wanna lose or keep the weight. I imagine they're comfortable with their weight and people don't make changes when they're comfortable they change when they're uncomfortable and when that happens they put in the effort to changes their habits and their lifestyle.

• .

You don't. Their weight is up to them, especially since one is an adult and the other will be a legal adult next year. You can't "make" other people do anything. If your siblings are interested in losing weight, they'll make that choice for themselves. It might be hard for you to see them that way, and know the risks, but it's their bodies and their business.

• kelvin

well you don't and you keep your nose out of their life and business

• Stella

You can't change other people.

The best that you can do is set a good example which might inspire them.

Mind your own business

• Mikey

Simple, you don't.