Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 4 months ago

My sister bullies me and it hurts. I want to be with the family on Christmas but she will be there. What do I do when she bullies?

I hate feeling depressed at Christmas and her bullying makes me feel depressed.

Favorite Answer

You haven't said what the bullying entails. Is it verbal abuse, physical, emotional, etc I was bullied in junior high school and the only way I got past it was to walk right up to the biggest bully, and tell them off. You see bullies are cowards, and if your sister is trying to bully you, respectfully stand up to her and think about what you'll say ahead of time. if she's physically bullying you then I wouldn't even go to the holiday, and I would explain to my family in a letter why... I'm not sure if you mean bullying or abuse, that's what concerns me. They are both terrible things, and I really hope that you might consider getting a counselor so you can learn how to deal with this.

• M.P.

My sister used to bully me, being the popular, blonde, gymnastics & cheerleading queen and me being the frizzy brown haired artsy girl with gigantic glasses and no friends. At one point I just got sick of it and retaliated, I told her "yeah, but at least I don't have FAT ANKLES!" That was the end of the abuse! She wore long pants for the next 5 years and never teased me again, I hit her weakness and for the first time, she understood what it feels like to be discriminated against about something that you cannot change! Our relationship is great now, we both matured and realized that it's better to support each other's strengths than tear one another down over weaknesses, we never even mention it.

Don;t go and refuse to be in the same room with her since she hurts you. LEt the family know exactly what's going on.

Just eat her. That's what I do when someone is being rude.

• Sandy

maybe if you spent time doing something else besides posting this question all the time , you wouldn't have that problem.

• LAN

Just report this moron for constant abuse of question format.   He constantly keeps posting the same idiotic "pity me" crap over and over.