Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsDogs · 1 month ago

How do we get rid of our worthless pet dog?

Two months ago, my father brought home a 19 month old Chihuahua puppy because he loves dogs. Problem is, me, my brother and my mother hate the damn thing. 

He pisses all over the rug because it's previous owner was too lazy to housebreak him. He throws up constantly, poops wherever he feels like (but especially my bedroom) and yaps ALL THE TIME, especially at 4:00 AM.

I have been begging my dad to give it up, and he says he loves dogs and that "we'll all learn to love it too". I laughed at that one, and got sent to my room.

My mother has also been trying to get rid of it. She has been trying to get the dog into the kennel, but my dad keeps catching her in the act because of the dog's barking.

What do we do? How do we get rid of the stupid little mongrel?

Favorite Answer

If your father works from home, it's a lost cause. Sorry.

If not, kennel it while he's at work.

This is between your father and not you, the rude, immature CHILD.

1 get potty mats for  dogs

2 learn to be a good owner 

3 let your dad keep the dog 

4 stop being a spoiled brat 

5 retrain and housebreak 

6 own up and step up to the plate and dont be the lazy owner and train it!

Sell it on Craigslist.

You surrender it to a rescue.  It's that simple.

Maybe some day you'll get rich and be able to purchase a bedroom door to keep the dog out,

• Star_of_Darkness
      1 month agoReport

OP does not own the dog and can not surrender the dog 

If you do not like the dogs behavior, train it. Modify the behavior so you can at least have some peace. It is just a simple matter of training & with all of you working together training the dog, it will get trained. Every one has to be in on this or it won't work.

• di

Some perfectly housebroken dogs need to be retrained when they are relocated - so housebreak the little guy.  Close your bedroom door until that mission is accomplished.  Ask your dad to take him to the vet - aside from his puking, he probably needs shots.  The puking may be a medical issue - it may be a diet issue - your vet can tell.  Sounds  like this pup may need his own space at night - an open kennel with a blanket in a smaller closed room (mud room, bathroom, etc.)

"His previous owner was too lazy to housebreak him."  HMMMMM...What is stopping your family from housebreaking him?  Is everyone in your family that lazy too?  It appears so, so stop complaining and get with "the program."  Start by housebreaking him properly, train him to "be quiet or shut up" and take him to the Vet to see if there is a medical reason why pukes all the time.  Maybe there is no medical reason and maybe there is.  Maybe the food you feed him isn't agreeing with him.  Maybe if ALL of the people in your family are willing to put in the time and effort that dog ownership requires, you WILL end up liking the dog when it's properly housebroke, knows to be quiet when commanded to, and stops puking all over the place when you find out WHAT is causing this.  Also, a 19 month old dog isn't a puppy anymore.  It's a young adult but CERTAINLY not too old to train.  Again, just LEARN the responsibilities of good dog ownership and stick with a program, instead of wanting to DUMP YOUR ISSUES into someone else's lap.  That IS PURE LAZINESS.

• E. H. Amos
      1 month agoReport

Yep; turn your "lemon" into lemonade.  Noting stopping you but your own BIAS.

Wtf bro

Ur a cruel person

• Anna
      1 month agoReport

No he wasn't cruel his dad bought home a dog that only HE wanted, but the asker and his brother and mother never wanted. Plus chihuahuas are yappy overgrown rats.

The only thing that's worthless is people who think dogs are toys to be thrown away when they get tired of them. Look how small that dog is and look how big you are, it must be terrified, so it's messing and throwing up in fear. If I was your Dad I'd get rid of you and keep the pup.

• Anna
      1 month agoReport

You would make a terrible dad putting a DOG before your own child. Never have children.