How do I change my ip address?

Wikipedia blocked my home ip address, it won't let me get on it or edit anything. Is there any other way?

• P
    Favorite Answer

You would call your internet service provider and ask them to re-register your modem to a new ip.  

That will usually happen if you are using a VPN. If so, disconnect the VPN and try again. You can always restart the VPN

• GTB

Good luck; they do a lot more than IP address blocking for people who violate the norms of civilized people.

Just use a VPN for Wikipedia. It's slower, but for Wikipedia, it wouldn't matter. Opera browser has a free built-in VPN that works perfectly. 

You could always ask your internet provider to assign you a dynamic IP instead of a static one. Or even a different IP. But that tends to be more complicated. 

• Red Fox
      1 month agoReport

Preferences> Advanced> VPN> Enable VPN. Then click on the VPN button you'll see to the left of the address bar. Turn it on, (the VPN button turns blue=enabled) you're set. To disable it, click on the now blue button and turn it off. Sorry for the late reply, just saw it. Cheers. 

If you’ve been blocked they’ve given you a reason why and how to appeal the block. Typically blocks are given for problematic activity. 

• Bob

Get a vpn... search online for one...