Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthWomen's Health · 2 months ago

Why are my breasts sore?

Both of my breasts are pretty sore and when I press on them they feel like a bruise. I'm 19 and I googled that you're breasts should stop growing when you are 18, I just want to know if it's still possible for it to just be my boobs still growing.

There are several reasons that they could be sore, from sleeping wrong, I’ll fitting bra or not wearing one and having them bounce around too much from running or jumping etc.  

My daughter used to complain that hers hurt like someone punched them, but it was usually after a softball game or some sport where she was running too much, occasionally she forgot to wear a sports bra over her regular one for extra support.  She took Tylenol which helped with the soreness.  Usually by the next day the pain was gone.

Have you experienced this pain before?  Any particular area of the breast sore or just the whole breast(s)  if your really concerned it wouldn’t hurt to give a call to you r clinic amend talk eith the nurse or your doctor, they should be able to advise you what to do next.

Another thing about the stopping growing at 28 years old, that’s an average number they chose over several thousand medical records.  There are women that are early bloomers and start their mended at age 6 or 7 but that’s extremely rare.  

There are some ten year olds that are quite large busted, they have widened hips, have been on their period a couple years and are over six feet tall, however according to the information posted they don’t start getting their periods until they are at least twelve years old, their bodies then start to change, develop breasts and hips etc.  they. Rarely mention that girls can and have started earlier than that here their bodies physically mature early.

Same with the stopping your growth.  Some men as well as woman still grow up to age 20 or 22.  Though it’s pretty rare like 1 in 600, it still can occur.  When I was ten years old I was a short 5’11”.  When I was 18 years old I was 6’1”. When    I went un for surgery at 21 years old they measured me at 6’4”.  My shoe size went from a 10 to a 14 in that time also.  My doctor swore that they measured me wrong but my X-rays proved my growth, they proved my growth plates had not sealed off totally at 19 years old.

My brother stopped growing at 20, but one of my first cousins stopped growing at 16 years old, went the other way on the growth chart.

You simply may have growing pound, you may have moved wrong in your sleep, it could be a symptom from your hormones releasing before your period starts, when that happens it feels more like a cross between a bruise and someone setting them on fire.  The pain lasted only two days and it came around for just a. Few months and as suddenly the onset of the pain it left.  Again, I would give the clinic. Call as to trying to diagnose yourself on line it could be a number or reasons, your clinic knows you better and should  be able to help you out, you may have to go in to see the doctor.  By calling them they can help rule out what it may be, or you may have to go in and be seen.

Have they ever been sore like this before? Anything is possible. Did this just occur recently? Like this morning when you awakened? If so, you probably just slept on them wrong. I could try kissing them and see if that would make em better, whadda you say?

If you think they are still growing then that is probably the cause for the soreness. But it wouldn't hurt to get this checked out by a doctor either.

Perhaps you should run them under a gentle lukewarm shower and ask all your male friends to watch to see if anything grows. But otherwise you should see a doctor just to be on the safe side. It is probably just you still growing. If they feel bruised, have you been in any accidents or catfights lately? Honest question, as these could cause bruising there. Also, make sure the steering wheel of your car isn't making your sitting in the drivers seat too tight for you. That could cause bruising after stopping and jerking forward so much. Take care.