Is it ok for a married man to be messaging a you g single woman?

Hey!

So long story short I recently met the husband of my brother’s wife’s cousin and ever since he added me on Facebook he has been messaging me.. at first I thought he was just being friendly and I replied back in a neutral, platonic way, trying to incorporate his wife in the conversation too, but he continues on. His first messages were asking me to dance with him at my brother’s wedding that just passed, and on the wedding day he pulled me aside and whispered in my ear “I’m gonna get you on the dance floor tonight ok.” 

Later that night he was realllyyyy eyeing me the whole time and when my dad had left to go the bathroom, I was sitting alone and he had sat RIGHT next to me with his knee touching mine. It was wayyy too close for comfort in my personal opinion, and he was asking things like how old I was etc. he constantly made round-about comments about my butt as well, saying things like “wow if you got it flaunt it,” and other comments. I’m trying to convince myself he’s just a friendly guy because his wife is super friendly as well, but whyyyy is he even messaging me? I feel like a married man shouldn’t be texting a young girl almost half his age. Idk thoughts on this situation?? Should I brush it off or is my gut feeling on to something?

• Foofa

Ignore his messages and when you're forced to see him be as cool as possible. He'll eventually get the hint that you're not interested.

Trust your gut feeling, it never fails. In this situation I feel its wrong. Maybe for now until you know for sure on how you feel about it maybe distance yourself and stop replying him.. just to be safe 

Explain. If he can't change, block him

You tell him to knock it off, never contact you again and that, even though you didn't realize at first WHY he'd befriend you.. it seems clear now and if he contacts you again you will immediately show all of his messages to your brother and his wife and expose him for what he appears to be. And then you do not receive or respond to anything else he offers. If he still continues? You publicly shame him.

He wants to bang you, you need to avoid him, this will bring unwanted Drama. 

• mmm

sounds like he is eyeing you up for later - I'd stay clear

• Tj

Block him to start with. You can mention it to your brother also.

No married man who acts like that is "just a friendly guy".  Sometimes people have marital problems behind closed doors, ya know?  Just because they're married doesn't mean they're happily married.

Lol? What's wrong with older men? I guess you are too good for anyone not your age? Who cares about his age. Why not get to know him and be nice, he likes you

• Criselle2 months agoReport

Umm because he’s married ?????? I have nothing against older men (in fact I prefer my partner to be a little bit older), but married men should be off limits in my opinion.

why did u give him ur number in first place?The pursuer's motives in the pursuit are personal pleasure or an ego-boost.Don't participate. Be strong and remove yourself from the situation. Tell him directly to stop contacting you. There is zero upside to starting ANY kind of secret relationship with a married man. It's a destructive pattern, and you owe it to yourself (and any chance of having a healthy real relationship with someone who IS available) to keep your energy free from the likes of someone who has so little respect for his own commitments.

Source(s): Don't Be Seduced!