will indoor soccer shoes prevent my toe injury?

Every week I play soccer indoors with my friends wearing my sneakers made of a clothy material and lately I've been stubbing my toe on the soccer ball. Each passing week that I stub my toe it gets worse and more sensitive.

I am fully aware that I am not kicking the ball with proper form and using my toe when I shouldn't be, but I am not playing on a team it's simply my only form of healthy fun exercise.

It would take a lot of work and time that I don't have to retrain my self to kick properly so my question is weather getting indoor soccer shoes can prevent/protect against the stubbing?

• DEBS

Proper fitting shoes which are designed for the activity should help but only to an extent.  It's like asking if wearing work gloves will make it hurt less when you hit your hand with a hammer while trying to put in a nail.  

• Jay

kicking properly does NOT take any effort or time at all. i played since i was 3 and at 8 i was told i was kicking it wrong. i was told how to do it properly and from that moment on, in all these 15 years since that day,  i have NEVER hit a ball with my toe, not even on accident. if you arent doing it properly you are hindering yourself and even everyone else playing. you should even be able to play barefoot.

• Petter

Only to some extent, but it will still hurt your toe. You need to change the way you kick the ball, a toe poke every now and then is never wrong, but you can't do it all the time.