Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsEngagements & Weddings · 1 month ago

I've heard about the groom not being able to see the dress, but not anything about bridesmaids / flower girl etc. I assume there is no rule?

Update:

I meant the groom seeing the bridesmaids and flower girl dresses

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Traditionally, the groom isn't supposed to see the bride's dress until she walks down the aisle. Unless you want to keep every thing a surprise, it's okay for him to see the flower girl and bridesmaids dresses. 

• Login to reply the answers
  • GB
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

The 'rule' came about because  wives were meant to dress to please their husbands. The wedding dress was the last time she got to choose a dress without having to get his approval. Now it's just tradition.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Do you not have to approve of the groomsmens tux's they'll March down the aisle with your bridesmaids.  You and your fiance should see and discuss the coordination of the bridesmaids dresses with the groomsmen s tux.  You'll want them to look well together.  I suppose if you only want to give him a Swatch so he knows the dress and tux match up from the rental shop then he doesn't have to see them but if I were you I would want my groom to know more than a Swatch because men do have a lot of opinion.  Good Luck.

• Foofa
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

As the bridal party usually shares a dressing room they'll have all seen the bride's dress. But if you mean can the groom see the bridesmaid dresses, sure. Modern couples will choose such things together so he'd have been in on that decision making and the dresses won't be a surprise to him.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Lv 7
    1 month ago

It's fine for the groom to see the bridesmaid dresses.

• 1 month ago

No there is no rule.

• sarah
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

No, there is no rule. Watching 'Say Yes to the Dress' is one of my guilty pleasures (lol), and there's actually a lot of brides on that show who actually bring their fiances with them to shop for the dress.

• Jerry
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

There's no "rule" about anybody "not being able to see the dress." This is more bull biscuit dreamed up by The Wedding Industry to make having a wedding more complex, involved, difficult, and costly than it needs to be. 

• Jon
      Lv 6
      1 month agoReport

I don't see the connection. How does it make the wedding more expensive?

• drip
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Bridesmaids usually help the bride get dressed. So they will see the bridal gown.

• 1 month ago

It's a tradition, not a rule.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.