Is a 27 year old cookie still safe to eat? ?

I somehow came across to find a cookie that my family had saved the day I was born so it was purchased on July 31, 1992 and it was saved in a bag sealed in a crate. I know this may sound a little odd but just want to know would it be safe for me to eat it since it was from the early 1990s?

• Certainly is, as it is American it wouldn't matter if it was 27 years old or 27 minutes old it is still going to taste like something my dog would refuse to eat.

Probably not. ./...... just save it as a memento.

It is pretty safe, unless you see any mold or growths on it.

• denise

If its not mouldy, it will be very dry, maybe breaking up when you unwrap it, then you wont have it as a memento!

You can eat anything once. If you're willing to risk your life for a tasty of dusty crusty cookie, go ahead but don't smite me from heaven. 

• rena

It depends if you’re willing to eat it after that long or not, personally I just would not take the risk, even if it was still okay. I’d just keep it on display, or in a cupboard somewhere if I were you.

The day you were born? Wow! You found a cookie that was around and saved on the day you were born, AND YOU WANT TO EAT IT? Shame on you, SHAME ON YOU. Lol.

maybe if it was frozen

No, It's not good anymore.

Sugar is indestructible and those cookies would melt in your mouth.