Can you lose pounds when you have under active thyroid ? Excerise atleast 3 times a week?
- .Lv 71 month ago
Yes, but realize diet is far more impactful on weight than exercise. You gain or lose fat according to what you're consuming. Exercise gives you an additional calorie burn, but it's not the key to fat loss.
- amania_rLv 71 month ago
Are you on medication for your thyroid condition?
- MamawidsomLv 71 month ago
Absolutely. While low thyroid is a real issue, it really shouldn't be an "excuse" for being overweight.
1. See a GP or an endocrinologist to have your thyroid levels checked. If it is low, there are daily pills you can take to get your thyroid levels higher.
2. Use the BMR of your goal weight as the number of calories you should eat per day. For example, if you goal weight is 130 lbs, you probably should only be consuming 1300 calories a day.
3. Look into a ketogenic diet. People with hypothyroidism often are insulin resistant. To overcome this and lose stored fat, they need to stop eating sweets, junk food, fast food, and most grains. In some cases, they need to stop beans, fruit, and dairy. You still have plenty of choices.
4. Monitor your portion sizes. Most Americans eat 2+ portions or servings. For example, a serving of chicken is 3-4 ounces, not 8 or 10 not 16.
5. Look into intermittent fasting.
6. Get plenty of sleep.
7. Work out hard and try to workout every day. If you can't get to the gym, follow a streaming or DVD workout from home -- or go for a walk. Consistency is the key.
- Andy CLv 71 month ago
No need for deities. Your hypothyroidism is caused by the same thing as your obesity/fatness.
Stop consuming sugar and other sources of fructose like HFCS, honey, nectar, juice, molasses, maple syrup and white flour products (most breads, crackers and pastas).
Unless you have a genetic hypothyroidism like Hashimoto's, which the above will reduce the thyroxin needed.Source(s): Read it on a milk carton. "Fat Chance..." by Dr. Robert Lustig M.D, M.S.A