Why am I feeling so hungry all the time?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

Because you don't eat sufficient food during the major meals. 

• Login to reply the answers
  • Andy C
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Regardless of your agreement,  the following remains true:

Regularly consuming fructose causes liver dysfunction that prevents the hormone leptin from telling your brain to stop hunger (the hormone ghrelin).

Sugar literally turns off the body's natural 'hunger off switch', effectively making the brain think that the body is starving. 

How's that for cruel irony?  Fat people's brains actually think that they are starving,  and when a caloric deficit occurs (dieting), the brain actually ramps up the ghrelin (increasing hunger) and reduces the inhibitions.

So, binge eating and 'cheating' on a diet is biochemically inevitable.   We all feel like failures,  and to boot, the body goes into a type of survival mode called the anorexogenic cycle where everything you eat is stored in your fat cells,  making you fatter!

Kicking us while we're down!

Want the truth (and almost cure) about obesity?

Read the book. 

Source(s): "Fat Chance..." by Dr. Robert Lustig M.D, M.S.A "Sugar; the Bitter Truth" on YouTube You're welcome and read his other more recent book to understand how to be happy and not depressed.
  • High metabolism or a thyroid problem

Ommm

• 2 months ago

Are you really active? if you workout alot that will make you feel hungry alot of the time.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

1. Diabetes

2. Low blood sugar

3. Lack of sleep

4. Stress

5. Diet

6. Medicines

7. pregnancy

8. Thyroid problems

9. Diet soda

10. Dehydration

11. How much do you practice?

• Blonde
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Check the types of foods you are eating. I saw a documentary on Netflix that spoke about the food industry manipulating chemicals in food to make you feel hungrier and eat more. Fat people did not get that way eating plain meat and vegetables. Research the Keto Diet, I’ve heard when you eat low carb, you slowly become less hungry.

• ...Show all comments
    • Blonde
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

Snacks and sides; cottage cheese, low calorie yogurt, sugar-free cookies, sugar-free candy, whole milk and cheese, hard boiled eggs, Greek stuffed olives and veggies. By slowly switching what you eat, you will feel full and lose weight, too! 

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

I am assuming you are dieting. Try eating more protein when you diet (like beans and tofu)...they are low in calories and filling. Also maybe drinking herbal tea will help. 

• Andy C
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

Like putting a bandaid on a compound fracture. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.