Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 2 months ago

question for women, do you dislike it when a guy tries to approach you in public? what if you find him attractive?

• Foofa

Define "public". If I'm the first to a restaurant I would mind it so much if a guy tried to talk to me while I wait for the rest of my party. But if I'm obviously rushing into a dry cleaner or hurrying to my car I'm not in the mood to stop and talk to anyone. Whether I found him attractive or not would be irrelevant as I'm not looking for dates.

I am not female.  I talk to many women and men.  In public.  I am not trying to hit on anyone.  If they like my company then great.  If not then after a few polite phrases we go our own ways.  The problem is HOW the approach is made not THAT an approach is made.

• mayona

It is OK. But I would like him to be very careful how he does it because some actions could bring  creepy feelings even if he has good intentions. At the bar it’s more common because its a place where people mostly come to drink and chat and it’s natural to mingle. But at the supermarket or in the street it’s weird because it gives me the impression that this person is desperate, which though could be an ego-boost for  any woman but it seems akward in a way coz the feeling comes to mind that what the other people might be thinking.

I dislike it when women use aerosol products to keep their lady business from smelling instead of just using good ol soap and water. When did we trade common sense and honor for madness.

No. I don't mind someone approaching me in public, just depends on how he does it. Following me to my car like a creep will get you pepper sprayed, but just walking up to me in a store is not a big deal.