blank
Lv 7
blank asked in TravelAir Travel · 1 month ago

Can imy sister bring a notebook on the plane?

We are taking a family trip.

It will be my Aunt,two cousins my sister and nyself. My sister wants to know if she can bring her notebook. I told her yes but my cousin says no. My cousin doesn't think my sister can bring it on the plane. I thought she could.

I tried to search in the search engine saying can I bring my notebook on the plane ( though it is my sisters but easier to say I) and lap top computers keep showing up.

8 Answers

Relevance
  • MS
    Lv 7
    1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

Notebooks are not at all prohibited on planes, whether you mean a paper one or a computer one.  If you mean a paper one (and I assume you do, based on your comment about your own search results), then she can also bring along pencils, pens, crayons, and whatever else she wants to use to write in it. 

• ...Show all comments
    • MS
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

No one is cracking down on pencils. The TSA website clearly states that they are allowed. I fly all the time with pens a d pencils - never an issue. 

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

Of course she can

• 1 month ago

Why do you think we need to know who all is going on this trip? Do you think there are different rules for groups with two cousins and with three, or with and without aunts?

All you needed to ask was, 'Are computer notebooks allowed on planes?'

• 1 month ago

Yes, she can take a notebook.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Daniel
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

If you are in the US, TSA.gov has a tool to see what you can and can't bring on a plane.

If you are asking about an actual notebook--a bunch of paper that you write on that is bound like a book, then of course she can bring it.  Why would you think that she couldn't?

If you are asking about a laptop computer, as it looks like you've found out on the internet, those are allowed in carry-on luggage.  

• 1 month ago

Yes, she can take her notebook on a plane.  She needs to make sure it is charged so that if she is asked to switch it on, she can (always a possibility, never seen it happen).  It will have to be taken out of her bag to be put through the security scanner.

• blank
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

I was talking about a paper norebook. I was staring my search came up with lap too computers when searching.

• Neil
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

Yeah. She can bring a backpack full of notebooks, whether you're talking about paper ones or the computers called notebooks.

• 1 month ago

Yeas, she can carry her notebook on the plane.

It just has to go through the security scanner like everything else.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.