Firefox question?

I know in other browsers when you download pictures I like to download and save band photos and singer photos and I had chrome but I don't care for it cause it makes youtube videos choppy.

So firefox seems to work well but there is one issue unless I can fix it or download something for it?

The issue is that when I download photos and all chrome would usually tell me that I already have that photo and it would be like (1) by it and then I know I have it already but firefox don't show that with anything I download is there a way to turn that on or fix it?

• David
    Favorite Answer

There is no duplicate warning but you do get the (1) added to the file name. AFAIK there is currently no way to add a duplicate file warning

You right click on the image and save(as) the file. IF there are images with the same name, you need to mod the name (not extension) to reflect something unique.

My win 10 and updated firefox will save duplicate named files with (1) (or X) added to the name showing they are different.

You could always save to a different folder. I just use 'downloads' collect my photos, then move to a temp folder to use bulk rename utility. That done, moved to respective image folders.

• keerok

You want to know if the download is done? On the Menu, Tools-Downloads. If no menu, Ctrl-J.