spontanious asked in PetsBirds · 1 month ago

Tried to give my bird a bath and it fell ill. What should I do?

My bird was fine then I started bathing it and it fell ill and it looks like it’s going to die now. What did I do wrong and is there anything I can do to nurse it back to health? I feel really bad. ☹️

• 20 hours ago

Get it to your avian Vet ASAP, and Good Luck!

maybe this is a life lesson for you....birds under stress can drop dead instantly...before you get a "replacement" do some research as to proper handling....you need a vet now for assistance.

Keep it in a warm place or use a space heater.

• patty

I put a bird bath in my budgies cage and she has a bath when she wants to , not when I force her with my own hands. are you crazy?

• PR

When our bird was sick, a relative held it all night, cupped in their hands for warmth, and it eventually returned to health. The bird may have an infection or other issue. You may consider taking it to the vet, but do not expect a lower bill just because it is a bird. It is also better to use a vet who specializes in caged birds.

Keep your bird warm utilizing whatever means necessary for proper comfort; give vitamins. Check with the pet store for any medications, but a vet may be best. Birds are sensitive, and once sick need treatment right away.

• Charles D. M.
      3 weeks agoReport

One does not bath a bird but give a bath for them 2 use.

euhgiurhgiutrhgiu

Maybe you chilled its temperature or it got water in its lungs. If a vet isn't a possibility just keep it warm and comfortable and hope for the best.