Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw Enforcement & Police · 1 month ago

Car theft question?

If you stole a police car would that be regular grand theft auto or would it be different if it was law enforcement? 

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

You can get charged with a lot more than Grand theft for stealing a police car. Police cars might contain a weapon in which case it becomes armed robbery and Grand theft of State property it might contain evidence in which case it would become tampering with state's evidence. It might contain drugs are narcotics in which case it's Grand theft and possession of whatever's in the police car. You're definitely going to get all of the above charges plus. Willful obstruction of justice. Because you took the property of a police officer and prevented him from doing his job. not to speak of the fact that you're going to get yourself beat up really good when you get to the police department.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Hell yeah .lil Jabari needs his electronics 

• 1 month ago

There are no laws specific to police vehicles. Theft of government property may be a different charge than theft of similar property not belonging to the government.

• Bruce
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

In my state there is no specific law for stealing a police car, but I suspect you are more likely to get closer to the maximum penalty. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

i wouldnt steal a car at all

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

No difference if it's a police car.

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

either way you might end up in jail for a long time

• Ken S
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

That would be beat the sh it out of you grand theft

• 1 month ago

I don't know. I would think that from a consistency perspective, the crime is the same, but knowing this country they likely make it worse punishment to steal a cop car than a regular car.

• 1 month ago

It would probably carry additional charges like theft of city property, etc.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.