I accidentally walked in on my roommates having sex, what do I do?

After cooking chili dogs with my two roommates, who are significant others, I went upstairs to have a shower, but I forgot to bring a pair of pjs to put on after my shower. So I quickly ran downstairs to grab a pair before hopping in the shower, only to find one of them going down on the other. Before I could stop myself, I yelled "oh dear", prompting her to yell at me. I ran back upstairs super fast while yelling "sorry!" and am now sitting in the bathroom mortified. What do I do to break the tension? Or do I just throw myself out the window and move away?

Update:

Edit: maybe I should clarify, this was in the kitchen where we had been making chili dogs

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

If they were doing that in a common area, not your fault. If you actually do share a room with them, and entered without knocking, then it's on you.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Say..."I'm sorry for walking in on you guys.....didn't know what was going on......not made at you......it works for me by the way....that looked really awesome!" Carry On!

• 1 month ago

take your penis out

• 1 month ago

maybe join in.......................

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Lol.  If I were you, I'd burn my retinas out, throw myself out the window and run down the street naked until I got hit by a truck.  Then I'd ask the driver where he's headed and if he could give me a ride there as well.  When I got there, I'd lay on the sidewalk, curl up into the fetal position and reconsider my entire life as I shiver, moan and suck my thumb.

• 1 month ago

walk in on them next time and join them

• 1 month ago

It was just sex.. not sure why you're so freaked out.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Keep your mouth shut about it.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

u should have joined in..It's a good time to talk to your roommate about signals (the ol' sock or tie on the door) to communicate to one another that you'd like privacy. If this is a shared room, it's fair to expect a warning that it's occupied like that. I recommend texting one another "hey room is gonna be busy for 20 minutes" or whatever and then "room is safe" when you're done. This is common courtesy

• 1 month ago

I would have joined them, you missed a golden opportunity 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.