Is there such a thing as 'Renting As-Is' from a realtor in the state of Florida.?

Realtor is refusing to replace stove because he says I'm renting As-Is.

I read under the Florida rental laws the realtor has the responsibility to maintain the renters living conditions so far as major appliances are concerned.

Therefore how can I rent a house (not an apartment) As Is?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

Read your lease. It should state in writing that the tenant is responsible for appliances. Where the lease is silent, the law assumes that what is in place upon move-in is the landlord's responsibility and these must be supplied in good working order.

When there is no lease, it is a month to month tenancy in Florida, and again, the law assumes the responsibility lies with the landlord. For their to be a binding agreement that a tenant is responsible, it cannot be an oral agreement.

So, if you have a lease, read the lease to see what it says. If there is no lease, you would have to sue the landlord to have a judge force them to follow the law.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

Are appliances included in your lease? If not, the landlord does not have to furnish them.

• 1 month ago

The law doesn't require the landlord to furnish either a stove, refrigerator, or dishwasher to make the premises habitable. Yes....if the lease/rental agreement states that you are responsible for repairs on appliances.....then you are.

• nanu
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

yes................................

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • R P
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Read your lease to find out who is responsible for maintaining the appliances. If it is silent on that issue, you can google and read FL's landlord/tenant laws. You will find that the landlord is only required to provide and maintain your source of heat, therefore you will have to repair/replace the stove at your expense.

Source(s): Florida landlord
    • R P
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

Florida law 83.51covers landlord's required maintenance

• 1 month ago

Take the realtor to Small Claims court. Can you negotiate with the owner to get a stove? If your lease has something different from your state law, you have to go with your lease agreement.

• 1 month ago

most areas don't require the landlord to provide a stove...if there is a broken one in place, you have a case to make them remove it so you can get your own.

laws only say LL needs to maintain habitability issues and anything in the lease...no stove in the lease, LL does not need to maintain it in most places

• SimplytheFACTS
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

I did read about a law in one area that did require a stove..i don't remember the area...it had to do with safety, concerns over tenant improperly hooking up gas or using less safe like hot plate

• LILL
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Under Florida law, the landlord or realtor are not required to provide a stove unless such a requirement is written within the lease.  You should buy your own stove and take it with you when you leave.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Renting as is means he is not fixing crap. Don't like it, don't rent as is.

Its up to you.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

The realtor owns the rental you live in ?

He's your landlord ?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.