WEIGHT LOSS?

Hi guys! I need help! Im the Maid of honour for my cousins wedding on 5th feb 2020. I am 5 ft 2 nd weigh 76.6 kgs. I want to get down to around 65kg for her wedding... please helpp

If your motivation to lose weight is so that you can look better in some wedding photos, you'll never get there. Ask yourself why you didn't care about losing this weight before and only care now that there is a bridesmaid's dress involved.

The best way to lose weight is not to go on a diet, but to just change your eating habits. We all know that junk food and fast-food and soda and bakery items are fattening and not nutritious. So of course, avoid those Foods.

Drink plenty of water, about 4 8 oz glasses a day. Stop eating white things. No white pasta only wheat pasta. No white bread only whole grain breads and cereals. No white rice, eat Brown rice or wild rice instead. Eliminate salt from your diet and use herbs and spices to season your food instead. A squirt of lemon juice on most Foods will add good flavor. Drink plenty of green tea, hot or cold. And consume plenty of green leafy vegetables, lean meats and fish, and fresh fruit. Avoid processed foods and anything that comes out of a cellophane bag (junk foods).

The best exercise is walking, as walking exercise has all of your muscle groups. Walking is low-impact so you will not suffer any aches or strains. You can walk just about anywhere at any time of day. Just walking 20 minutes 4 times a week is a very good routine. Another way to get your metabolism in gear is 2 Park further away from your destination to get a little extra walking in. Take the steps instead of an elevator.

Brush your teeth after every meal because food tastes terrible after you brush your teeth. Never eat while you are standing. And do not eat while watching television or spending time on your computer. Only eat sitting at a table without other distractions. For snacks, simply have on hand carrots celery, Olive, cheese, crackers and sliced fruit.

If you change your eating habits as suggested above, you will not only lose weight but you will be healthier and continue to reduce your size until you are satisfied with your shape. This is nothing short of making the right choices as to what you put into your body.

• Foofa

You probably can't safely lose that much weight in such a short time. But you can work vigorous to lose as much as possible. How to best do this depends on your lifestyle already. If you're a junk food eating couch potato you'll shed weight faster on a healthy diet and exercise program than you will if you're already "fit fat" (meaning you probably just have a portion control problem).

• Lv 7

Use MyFitnessPal to track your calories. That is the best way to do it.

• Kelly

You're fine the way you are but if it's a change you want to make for you and not just for this wedding...

Eat different..  

Move more..

Drink a lot of water

I've been significantly overweight and that's what I did.  I lost about 30lbs from cutting back on sugar and breads (I wasn't a big bread eater though), overall I lost 100lbs.  I drink a gallon of water everyday and I do CrossFit 4-5 days a week.  I take the stairs at work (I work in an 8 floor hospital).

Weight loss is 80% dietary.  Exercise helps to tighten skin, tone muscle and strengthen your cardiovascular system.

I actually eat more now than I did when I was 100+lbs overweight, but I eat different foods, different portions and I worked with a dietitian.

You're fine the way you are.

The only way to achieve sustainable weight loss is a change of lifestyle to include healthier eating and more exercise.

Ketogenic diet. See Diet Doctor Keto for Beginners. Google it

This is a tall order over the holidays, but if you are really serious about this, are willing to be dedicated, and don't have any health problems, consider these ideas:

1.  Download a food tracking app like Lose It! or MyFitnessPal.  Track everything you put in your mouth. Get a food scale so you can weight your food.  Seriously.  A woman your height needs between 1000 and 1500 calories a day.  You're probably eating significantly more than that.  To get control, you need to understand the calories in the foods you choose and how to measure an actual portion size.

2. If you are up for a huge challenge, try a low-carb or ketogenic diet that is also calorie controlled.  If you stop eating the carbs that cause you to store fat and have food cravings, you will have a better chance of controlling your calorie intake.  Humans need essential amino acids (protein), essential fatty acids (fats), and a variety of vitamins an minerals.  IF you eat 6 cups of fresh vegetables every day (either salads or steamed/roasted), your tummy will be full and you'll be getting lots of nutrients and very few calories.  Then you fill in with a total of 6-8 ounces (abut 200 grams) of high quality protein (chicken breast, steak, salmon, etc.) and some good fats like avocado, walnuts, and olive oil. Drink lots of water, and tea and coffee with stevia is fine -- no juice, milk alcohol, or soft drinks.  No sweets. No bread, cereal, pasta, corn, crackers, pasta, potatoes, or rice. 

3.  If you can't do keto, try to be low calorie and lower carb.  Remember, to lose weight you need to eat less the your body burns each day -- and that is probably going to be at 1100 or less.

4. Do daily exercise.  If you spend the next six weeks doing a serious 30-60-minute workout at least 5 days a week, you will look and feel better even if you don't lose a kilo. The workout need to incorporate cardio/aerobics with strength training. If you are up for a major challenge, check out BeachBody.com -- they offer this in the UK.  The workout are intense and there are great eating plans fro all of the programs that are NOT keto.  Try 21-Day Fit.  If you can't do this, find something online or in a book or a DVD or join a gym.  Weight loss is 80% diet, but transforming your physique requires physical exercise.

5.  Try intermittent fasting.  This means that you fast (don't consume any calories) for 16 hours each day and then eat your foods during the other 8.  For example.  You finish dinner/last meal at 6 PM and don't eat again until 10 AM the next morning -- you can have black tea or coffee but not calories.  You don't have to do it every day, but if you avoid eating and snacking at night and try to postpone your first meal -- at least 3 days a week you'll probably get better results.  It works better on a keto diet but it seems to work for everyone. 

good luck.

Consult a doctor before making any drastic health changes.

for your height, you actually need to get down to 101-136 pounds. 143 is not in the normal weight range for your height.

you all are enablers if you think being almost 170 pounds at 5'2 is "fine the way she is"....