How will a tax lien affect me since I don't own a home?

I don't own a home. But will it hinder me from buying a home?

And what other ways can tax liens affect me?

I don't own any real-estate... The tax lien was due to back State taxes from my business...  It is now paid in full; but but now showing up yet.... I would like to purchase a home eventually.

It's not on my credit report; but it's shown court system of my county.... Like I said, it's paid in full, but will take some time to reflect in the court system. The filing was electronic and now the clearance will be electronically. The courts tell me it can take anywhere between 4 to 6 weeks. That is why I'm needing to know how will it affect my trying to purchase a home. I want to purchase a home soon as possible.

Yes, will hinder you from buying, or from obtaining any other form of credit.

• Maxi

If you have paid it off in full, you need a certificate of satisfaction of that payment which you sent to the credit agencies and they will ensure it is on your record it is fully paid, so anyone who checked your credit score can also see you fully paid it off, if you paid it off before they got a CCJ against you, then it is unlikely they will put it on your credit record, but you need to keep checking and make sure of that

Well, mine knocked about 130 points off my credit score. Mine was an IRS lien and after I paid it, I asked them and they removed it. Not instantly, in 45 days or so. At the time a few years ago it was a new thing. In the past they would not do that. I am unsure if your state will or not.  Cant hurt to ask.

130 points could easily keep you from being approved for a mortgage.

Are we talking a real estate tax lien or some sort of IRS tax lien.  Assuming this is a real estate tax lien, the lien is placed on the property itself and the owner has to pay it (plus ever growing fees and interest) or they will eventually lose the house.  Since you don't appear to own to property on which the lien is placed, it won't effect you at all.  In fact, even if you did own the place I don't think it would effect you at all beyond losing the house to foreclosure, eventually (or having to pay the lien to avoid losing the place to foreclosure).

• Chinelo1 month agoReport

I don't own any real-estate...  The tax lien is paid off but now showing up yet....  I would like to purchase a home eventually.