Advantages to connecting a Denon Receiver to the InterNet?

I recently bought a new Denon Receiver (AVR S740H) which has access to the internet. So far, the only advantage I see to connecting to the internet if for HEOS. Am I missing out on something? What else is the internet connection good for.

• Lance

Along with the music apps you can use and listen to  you can also get firm-wear updates for your receiver...Firmwear updates can sometimes but not always  increase performance of your product . Dolby Vision ; better; digital sound etc...eARC etc....Sometimes updates to firmware only apply to the latest model but often manufacturers will quietly allow new updates to also trickle down to older equipment....You can also use a USB drive to do Firmware updates but you will have to search and seek them out to do it that way. They will not happen automatically nor will you be notified of these updates unless your connected to the internet.

It is about using such a connection to play music and other audio sources through the receiver, and thus, through the speakers that it powers.

On two of my receiver based audio systems, I have an input wire connected so that I can plug in an Internet device, from a computer to a tablet. This latest feature is so that you do not need an actual physical wire connection to do this.

I'm not very familiar with audio receivers, but based on what I can find on the product page, you can stream content from services like Pandora, Spotify and other music services. Whether or not that's important or worth it is up to you.