Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceGender Studies · 1 month ago

I thought feminism was about equality, so why do some feminists attack women for their choices to be “traditional”?

To be honest, they shouldn’t be attacking anyone at all for their life choices. Some women want to be stay at home moms and their husbands want to be providers and they both enjoy a traditional gender role dynamic. If he is a good husband and father and she is a good mother and wife what’s with the hate for their choices? Feminists attack women for being too traditional and not independent career women and they also attack men for being too masculine 

To be honest I think they are just single alone and bitter and all the men they desire are traditionally masculine and all the women these men date or marry are traditionally feminine and these feminist women are too masculine and unattractive so they attack both groups of people for being rejected 

Favorite Answer

Because people are not perfectly rational and perfectly consistent.  And feminists are a subset of "people".

I suspect there are several things going on there.

1. Non-feminists misinterpreting "Women shouldn't have to be housewives" as "Women shouldn't be housewives"

2. Feminists over-reacting to type 1's getting on their case

3. Feminists who, for whatever reason (maybe logical, maybe irrational) think traditional family structures are demeaning or otherwise harmful to women

4. Annoyed women (feminist or not) whose parents tried to force or pressure them into becoming housewives when they didn't want to overreacting or lashing out

5. Feminists who see it as a matter of "teams", and believe that their "team" doesn't include women in traditional family structures.

the british religion is correct and the atheists are going to hell forever to be tortured the jews the christians and the muslims their god is fake and their prophet is fake and their holy book is pure evil

I know absolutely no one who "hates" or even dislikes stay at home moms or traditional families. Not sure where you're getting this weird information. Feminists do not attack women for their choices.

And by the way i know a couple stay at home moms who are feminists. Just saying

Feminists don't attack women for freely choosing to be "traditional", they insist that women should have a choice to NOT be. The key word is "choice".

Now, when mothers try to force their "traditional" choice on their daughters, that's when there's a problem.

• Shikhar1 month agoReport

Feminism is ****, they think all men truly think that women are inferior, we don't think that and it's annoying how you feminists are trying to paste that reputation on us.

"I thought feminism was about equality, so why do some feminists attack women for their choices to be “traditional”?"

Feminism as a movement for equality is known as Classic Feminism.  That no longer exists today in the mainstream feminist movement.  Modern feminism has clearly moved from that decades ago and they are now onto the radical social change realm of cultural Marxism.  We are in the era of ideological feminism.

This is how pro-life WOMEN were excluded from the WOMEN'S march.  Same thing for Republican WOMEN who were told not to show up.  And again, several conservative WOMEN'S groups were also denied a platform at that WOMAN'S march. 

But how can a WOMAN'S march exclude WOMEN??  ...just because of their other life choices that have nothing to do with equal Rights??  It's because that woman's march was actually a FEMINIST march.  And feminists takes care of women who follow FEMINISM as an ideology ... and not women who do not, which is the majority of women today.

.

I think it's because traditionalism and progress don't coexist.  

Feminists want change. Non feminists want things to stay the same.

At any rate, there are too many women thinking their "feminism" means something while they have semi traditional relationships to the men in their life. Doesn't go together.

• Bill
      1 month agoReport

Traditionalism is not opposed to progress. It just maintains traditional ways of thinking and approaching life as it progresses society forward.  

• Kaz

It's really sad, but what you say is very true.  I don't understand why they look down on women that decide to stay at home and raise their kids.  It's no ones business what any of us do.  We've come along way, but still have a long way to go - but you'd think women would be more accepting of each other.  

• Bill
      1 month agoReport

Therefore feminists believe women must work, not because working has value, but because it provides women with more power in society. 

• Bill

Feminists have been against traditionalism since the start and were against gender roles since the 1960's. When feminists started to push to get women into full time careers this went into overdrive and they started to shame women that were not entering the workforce. This pressure maintained it's strength well into the 1980's and right to the point where male wages declined to the point where most women couldn't maintain that lifestyle. 

You could in fact say feminists only ended up winning the fight to get the majority of women in the workforce by male wages declining in value to about half of what it was before feminists started to push women into the workforce in the 1960's. 

One interesting side note is that feminists are actually aware that male wage decline is essential to keep women in the workforce. If male wages goes back up to the point where women can stay at home feminists are fully aware most women will decide to do that. 

Another interesting side note is that feminist ideology actually causes birth rate decline that in turn causes workforce decline. If the workforce is allowed to decline then wages will increase, which as noted above actually undermines the feminist goal of keeping women in the workforce in majority numbers. 

As for your comment about traditional men, it's actually worth noting that feminists are only really against those men in their rhetoric. Studies show that their rhetoric against things like chivalry (aka benevolent sexism according to feminism) is fraudulent as even feminist women prefer it. In fact, traditional women and feminist women by majority numbers share all the same preferences in men. 

I don’t consider myself a feminist, but I respect their opinion. Sometimes I agree with them and other times I don’t. My mother was very traditional so that’s how I was raised. I‘m fine with gender roles. As long as the man and woman are on the same page, it’s no big deal. Anyway, feminists don’t seem to have an issues with me.

If you say that you hate feminists, of course they’re not going to like you. You basically declared yourself an enemy. Not all feminists think the same way. You can simply agree to disagree if you guys have different perspectives on a topic 

Feminism isn’t about equality or freedoms for women, it’s about what’s best for feminism and touting the party line.