Hey, pro-lifers of GS: would you force people to do any of these other things against their will?

1. donate blood.

2. donate organs and/or tissues after death

3. donate bone marrow

4. donate organs (eg a kidney) while still alive

And, if not, how can you justify wanting to force people to serve as incubators?

Pro-choicers, do you see what I'm getting at here, and can you explain it to any pro-lifers who seem confused?

Chem, 

I agree with you wholeheartedly! All people have (or should have) bodily autonomy (including baby boys... and their foreskin). No one should be forced to give anything from your aforementioned list.

Except, that isn't the point regarding abortion!!!

I believe that a woman should have the 'absolute' right in deciding whether or not to CREATE a new life!!! This is her choice in the matter!

In contrast, I do NOT believe that a woman should have the 'absolute' right to terminate that same, living, separate, newly-created life that she created inside of her. In most cases, we would call this murder... made even more heinous in the fact that it is her own child, her own kin, her own flesh-and-blood). Feminists & Democrats, in order to distance themselves away from the immorality of murder, call it abortion. Let's meet halfway: medically-assisted homicide.

Chem,

Feminists are defending irresponsible women who make irresponsible choices by choosing/forcing irresponsible men as fathers for children they never wanted.

Chem, you keep bringing up rape, failed contraception, and naivety. How about the father who never wanted to be a father, but the woman lied about taking contraception, now she is pregnant by her own desire against his wishes. He has just been raped, now, he is forced by law to financially support a child he never wanted! She is forcing his body to sweat & labor to earn money for her child. Are you against this as well? I suspect you are. Why do I not see feminist groups standing up for men against this heinous crime of fraud (and more) always perpetrated by women?

• ChemFlunky
      1 month agoReport

offering it, at least, seems like a good idea.  But, also, there's the problem of birth control failure, et cetera.  And to those who say things like "Well, if you don't want to get pregnant, don't have sex", would you say that to a *married* couple who aren't ready for a kid?...

Hint: what I'm getting at is, we don't force people to use their bodies to save the lives of others, even their own children, in all these other ways, so why should we be forcing people to use their bodies to save the lives of their unborn babies?

Why do you hate babies?

• ChemFlunky
      1 month agoReport

I don't.  Should I ask why you hate women?

• Abortion is a symptom of toxic femininity, an act of sexual violence motivated by 'dead beat moms' objectification of the fetus and sexual entitlement to 'get off' on mens bodies without responsibility/ consequences for their sexual decisions or concern for mens consent , as parents or providers, and is thus objectifying of men also

Abortion is the most common form of violent homicide, altho society looks the other way when it comes to female perpetrated violence, due to extreme cultural gynocentricity

"Hey, pro-lifers of GS: would you force people to do any of these other things against their will?"

Wow!  I guess you have NO idea what the abortion debate is about then?  Feminists have successfully achieved the result of turning abortion into a "woman's' issue only", to the denial of everything else, including the primary issue.

Abortion is a RIGHT TO LIFE issue regarding the fetus. 

Pro-Life persons take the position that life begins at conception, on their far end.  Pro-abortion persons take the position that life does not begin until a baby is born on their far end.  The fact of the matter is that we don't scientifically know for sure.  So it all boils down to legal semantics instead.  In the case of the US, that means a legal ruling known as Roe vs Wade from 1973 that has never been revisited.

I don't think pro-lifers are confused on THEIR position.  But I see that feminists have completely redefined the pro-abortion position for most of their adherents to the point where they make an argument against not ending a life by pushing forth strange questions as parallel examples, like the way you just did.

.

• WaldoBC
      1 month agoReport

Forcing men or women to be parents would be a very bad idea. 

True. Yet, women have been doing it to men for a very long time. Feminists are defending irresponsible women who make irresponsible choices by choosing/forcing irresponsible men as fathers for children they never wanted.

• rick

You can't explain it to pro-lifers. They are a sadistic bunch that loves to see babies starve, and young mothers selling their bodies to feed unwanted infants.

• Bill
      1 month agoReport

A few things .

1. There is no evidence that pro-lifers want babies to starve. There is however evidence to suggest that pro-life groups help new mothers with their bills and childcare.

2. A good number of pro-lifers are against prostitution. It's a bit odd you didn't know that

• Bill

1. Not comparable. 

2. Not comparable. 

3. Not comparable. 

4. Not comparable. 

Because a mother is responsible for the life and well being of their child before and after birth. 

• KatieC

I agree with you. It’s not just serving as an incubator, your body is literally never the same after childbirth in more ways than one. What drives me crazy is when people say “well don’t get pregnant then” because, let’s be honest, we all have sex and mistakes happen. Should we say anyone who smokes and get cancer shouldn’t be allowed treatment because it was their own fault? No.

• WaldoBC
      1 month agoReport

In the US, as he has to pay for his own healthcare anyway, sure he can make whatever decisions he wants. Some actions have unavoidable consequences.

I see what you're getting at, but no I wouldn't consider myself pro-choice. I'm PRO ABORTION RIGHTS, "pro choice" is just a mealy-mouthed public relations phrase.

And I believe you are barking up the wrong tree here. Reason will not be effective (nor is it called for). They're the political equivalent of moon landing deniers and that guy who stands on the street corner talking to himself.

A better thing to spend your time on is thinking about ways to short-circuit their political influence, and to win over the VAST majority, which is those who don't have a rigorous worked-out position about it (not really undecided, more like not agitated about it).

The hardcore anti-abortion freaks? A lost cause.

• ChemFlunky
      1 month agoReport

People do change their mind on subjects like this--not often, but it does happen.  And you're more likely to make that happen by getting people to think than by calling them names or the like.