Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenMaintenance & Repairs · 1 month ago

Are stainless steel effect door handles made from aluminium suitable for damp rooms?

How do they compare with nickel plating and chrome?

SS you can walk on and not break them off. Aluminum will break.  Door handles may be SS or cheaper Pot Metal that is nickel or chrome plated.  Make sure the screws are  chrome too.  Most bathroom doors are chrome plated on in inside  and it locks from the inside.  Never thought about WHY they were chrome.(as I removed all the door handles off before painting or staining the doors to the houses (and done well over 1000 houses) I just knew which know was for the bathroom.  None other was used.   Never thought of WHY.

It is just a job. I do not "have to" figure this out.   Only right now do I think about it.

• STEVEN F
      1 month agoReport

Even if true, NOTHING in your answer is REMOTELY relevant to the question.

They can be stainless steel OR aluminum. There CANNOT be such a thing as stainless steel items made from aluminum.

Until you determine what you have, ALL yes/no/maybe answers are WRONG.

That said, ANY metal fixture should be suitable for more dampness than ANY room suitable for habitation.

yes, the certainly are

I got some car keys, some cheddar cheese, and honey bees