promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceRenting & Real Estate · 4 months ago

If my house was built in 1903, how long does it have to stay up before it tears down?

13 Answers

Relevance
  • Maxi
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

My house was built 300 yrs ago, renovated 25yrs ago and is in excellent order, if I wished to build a new house I would just get planning permission to do so to replace it, however that is unnessary

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 4 months ago

There are 500 year old houses in Europe but they are repaired periodically.  Exact answer varies and depends on many things but keep it in good condition and repairs problems as they come up and that house will probably easily outlive you.

• 4 months ago

Houses don't tear themselves down. They will deteriorate to the point of collapse if they aren't maintained. Depending on how well the house is maintained, the house can last indefinitely.

• MR ed
    Lv 6
    4 months ago

you can tear it down anytime

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    4 months ago

You can tear it down soon if you want. If it was made well, it could last another 100 years.  I am not worried about mine coming down unless a tornado hits it. And one did hit a dozen houses not a mile away a few years ago. Power was out for a few days but that was impressive given the destruction in the area.

• 4 months ago

1 second to 500 years

• Tavy
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

It's not going to fall down. Here in the U.K. we have houses built in the 1600s. What are you talking about?

• I was about to write the same thing.  I grew up in a house that was built around 1500.  But American houses are often wooden and those don't last well.

• LILL
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

A well maintained house can last hundreds of years.  

• 4 months ago

People still live in houses that were built in the 1800's. I'm not understanding this at all. As long as the house in maintained and freshened up and up to code, there's no reason to tear it down.

Lv 7
    4 months ago

They is no law that says you can't demolish a home you own, assuming you have the proper permits and haul away all the debris.  It you want your property to be an empty lot, that's up to you.  But if you have a mortgage, you're still responsible for paying on it.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.