What animal crossing games can be bought for dsi xl?

Me and my friend have a running joke about animal crossing and I wanted to get her an animal crossing game. She has a dsi xl and the wild world game, I wanted to get her the new leaf welcome amiibo game but I can't find any that are compatible with her ds, does anyone know if there are any other animal crossing games that she can play on her ds?

• John
    Favorite Answer

wild world is the only animal crossing for the original ds family. there has never been multiple animal crossing games on one system. the original was on n64/gamecube, wild world on ds, city folk on wii, new leaf on 3ds, and new horizons coming up on switch in march.

if you want to get your friend a new animal crossing game, you will have to buy her a console too

Wild World is the only Animal Crossing game released for the DS-family of systems.

New Leaf is for 3DS-compatible systems which won't work in a DSi.