Replacement for apricot jam?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

Any of the following:- marmalade, peach jam, cranberry sauce, apple puree or redcurrant sauce. Peach jam is hard to get but Wilkins of Tiptree make it and it should be found in larger branches of major supermarkets. 

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

orange marmalade

• 1 month ago

It it was for a sauce or a topping Orange marmalade will work and in the same taste range.

• 1 month ago

for what?  A glaze on a tart or for a cake?  You could use any strained jam or jelly just heat it until it is a bit runny.  If there are chunks in it you can strain them out. 

If it is for a recipe you can use any jam you like as long as the flavor goes with what you are making. I have a chicken recipe that uses apricot jam and I have used marmalade. 

For a cookie filling, use any jam or jelly you want.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Mark
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Why do you keep asking this in short order?

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20191...

• 1 month ago

Peach preserves (cheap at Wal-Mart!)..theyre not the best, but not bad.

Real orange marmalade from England.

Cherry preserves rock too.

You may find an interesting combo, like peach-mango, if you look.

---------THE WAY TO GET TO GOOD "JAM" is 1. dont get jam, get PRESERVES (whole fruit).  2. AND MAKE SURE it contains sugar, not that dreadful corn syrup Americans are often stuck with. Yeesh!

• ...Show all comments
    • You're in England? I was born there, but moved to the US at 12, and have been searching for real tea and marmalade ever since (We do have PG Tips here now. But most Americans dont even know what I mean when I say NO CORN SYRUP!  They dont know. They eat Schmuckers. Its as bad as it sounds

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.