Wolud English muffins be way better if they were blueberry,or chocolate like American muffins?

• RR
    Favorite Answer

Of course, in England, we just call them "muffins". I often have them for breakfast. Toasted cheese and onion ones, smothered in butter & Marmite are to die for...I also like a bit of crumpet in the morning.

• RR
      1 month agoReport

Thank you!

I have had chocolate chip English muffin they got multigrain and whole wheat besides fhe enriched white ones.

The last time I was in NYC,  I took home two packs of  Thomas English Muffins, but the Cinnamon and Raisin ones. 

They were Fantastic.   Alas, they sell no such things in Italy. 

This is such a backward country. 

Maybe,but I can't help thinking about the buckwheat cakes that we picked the blueberries for ourselves at my Great Aunt's cabin in Oregon on a wood stove.I wish the taste could be reproduced.Muffins and crumpets and bears,Oh My.!.!

Source(s): GRAMMER POLEECE LEAVE ME ALONE.I KNOW MY SENTENCE STUCTURE SUCKS ON THAT ONE.
    • Pronk
      1 month agoReport

Grammer poleece are already inspecting every nook & cranny of your answer..

I ate crumpets with butter & marmalade, and a tea, for breakfast in England every morning for years as a boy (50 years later, I never tire of that taste!).  For American readers, they weren't CALLED "English muffins" (though they resembled American English Muffins). They were called crumpets, and the English may claim they're different (if not superior, LOL), but they're similar enough for me. I just need something to put butter & real marmalade on (REAL marmalade, with sugar, not American corn syrupy  schmuckers (don't make me get the relevant SNL sketch out!) (Belushi: "with a name like squashed baby ducks its gotta be good jam!").  

.

But....when you refer to chocolate and blueberry muffins, those aren't crumpets OR english muffins, those are SMALL CAKES!! And you cant put marmalade on those. The police would come to your house! :O

Source(s): PICTURED: American ENGLISH MUFFINS, with the 'nooks & crannies' to hold the melted butter. Oh yea!
    • We do get a Holiday variety each December....Thomas's with cranberries. Thats not awful.

• P

No, English muffins are suppose to be airy and light.  Adding stuff to it changes the texture for the worse.  I've seen such abominations in the stores.  The advantage of an English muffin is that you can easily spread jam or nutella and it holds up well.

No, they're fine as is.

• Mark

Not really, though I HAVE seen them with blueberries in them.  By the way, those thing you see at Costco called "muffins" really aren't.  They are more like small ("fairy") cakes - real muffins have a TOTALLY different texture.

• Fuhr

Me fail English?  That unpossible!

Source(s): Ralph