Daisy
Daisy asked in Food & DrinkVegetarian & Vegan · 2 months ago

Plants emit ultrasonic 'scream' when they are hurt, researchers find?

Now that science has proven that plants respond when cut or stressed, what excuse for eating them will the vegan industry come up with to continue eating them?

• polly
    Favorite Answer

I just hope this doesn't mean that I'm going to have to render my produce unconscious with a captive bolt pistol every time I want a side salad or a bowl of vegetables

• polly
      1 month agoReport

Thank-you for your thought provoking questions & services in the V&V section Daisy

Humans have to eat SOMETHING to LIVE, and God has permitted humans to eat plants.

• Backatya
      2 weeks agoReport

Also, plants do not feel pain the same way as animals. God would not allow them such torture.

• Louis

This idea was made popular in the 70s in a book titled The Secret Life of Plants. the authors of the book admitted years ago that they made the whole thing up. it seems like every few years someone brings it up. The idea that plants have feelings or intelligence has been debunked over and over.

If we could capture these sounds and make them audible to the human ear then we could, in theory, kill or hurt various plants in a certain order to create a symphony from their screams.