What's the lamest finishing move in wrestling history?

• Candle
    Favorite Answer

The Overdrive.  

I can reconcile the People's Elbow because it's usually preceded by a bigger move and can be accounted for being just The Rock showing off how much he's beaten someone.  The elbow doesn't win.  The preceding spinebuster or Rock Bottom is the finisher, whereas I've come to accept the People's Elbow as just an egomaniacal garnish.

The Worm's also an offensive move.  A chop to the throat is no joke when you think about it, and the setup double-handed bulldog could be a finisher within itself.  The Worm is just Scotty dancing on a fool he's knocked out.

I can reconcile those moves, but for the life of me I'll never understand what the Overdrive is supposed to be, and yet so many wrestlers have hit it.  MVP, Carlito, Elix Skipper, even Randy Orton in his rookie year was responsible for putting this move on the map despite it making zero sense.  To explain the move to you, it's set up sort of like a fameouser or a rocker dropper more specifically if you're old enough to get the reference, but instead of falling down with the full weight of your body and leg falling onto the back of someone's neck, you twist forward and land flat on your face,allowing your opponent a cushioned fall between your thigh and calf muscle.  It's setup is always impractical, it's impact is zero on the person taking the move, and more importantly the person delivering the move Flair flops themselves on their face voluntarily.  Dumb move.

Any move that doesn't make any sense I regard as lame.. if it atleast looks like it can hurt someone then it gets some credit.. someone said sweet chin music? I disagree strongly since it's a clear kick to the face. Yes the lead up is stupid with him stomping the ground but clearly that is just done to pump the crowd up. Stupid but at a kick to the face is a kick to the face. 

One move which is actually pretty stupid when you think about it is the Umprettier/Killswitch made famous by Christian which don't get me wrong it actually is quite a cool looking move... But it would be near impossible to actually do to an opponent. 

The person taking the move only has to not move their body or not bend their head into position and it wouldn't work. But I suppose it looks good that is the main thing, I wouldn't call it lame.

Roman Reigns, The Big Show and Khali or have a simple strike as their finisher but a punch or chop to the face is about as legit as a move gets so even though they're nothing flashy they still make some sense so I wouldn't call them lame exactly.

Im honestly going to say John Cena's STF.. Not actually a bad move but the way he performed it was just lame as.. his arms barely even touched the opponent. It was just lazy

Good question , romans Reigns Superman punch or big shows punch big guys like that relying on a punch as a finisher looks ridiculous 

I agree With Jim, "The W-O-R-M!" is the lamest I can recall.

I'm waiting for the The Vikings to botch their finish and hurt someone.

• The Worm by Scotty Too Hottie.

The people's elbow is the lamest.

Sweet chin music is the most unbelievable.

• Which Shawn Michaels copied from Gentleman Chris Adams in World Class Championship Wrestling.

They're ALL LAME. If these guys had to play it FOR REAL they would KILL EACH OTHER. Bro! Everyone of sound minds knows this. Wrestling is an entertainment, I agree, its a bleeding rough/hard entertainment and these guys need to be fit.