Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsWeddings · 1 month ago

Does BHLDN sell off the rack? ?

I went to try on wedding dresses a few weeks ago at BHLDN for my elopement this coming January and found the dress of my dreams! I didn’t have the money right then and there to purchase it but was reassured by the stylist there were plenty in stock that It should be okay to wait. I checked online two days after my appointment out of curiosity and the dress is on backorder until March. I am devastated! The sample size at the store fit my body like a glove and would need no alterations. Is there a possibility they would sell me the sample off the rack? I am kind of nervous to call since if I’m told no, It will just upset me more. Nothing else is making me happy and I’ve been searching non stop! The dress is also a BHLDN exclusive and I’ve checked resale websites with no luck. 

All you can do is ask and all they can say is yes or no.  If you don't ask there's no chance you'll get it but you may turn a no into a yes.

• Edna

They'll sell you a dress off the rack, it that's the dress  you want and if you're got the money to pay for it. Dresses on the rack aren't there just for display purposes; they're there to be sold!

Because it's on the rack, it's probably been pawed over several times and tried on several times; so it's very possible they'll let you make a down payment and they'll hold the dress for you (sort of like putting something in Lay-Away) and then you'll make monthly payments until the dress is paid for. Ask them. 

• Foofa

You're just going to have to ask (and accept reality if it doesn't happen to go in your favor).

I'm with drip.   Try to show up when the same stylist is there, be prepared to pay, and ask to speak to the manager if you don't get anywhere.  I don't know if BHLDN has other stores, since I have no clue what it is, but if they do, another option is them getting it from one of them.  

Call/visit them and ask for yourself.

• drip

Have no idea what BHLDN is.

Don’t call. Go back to the store with money in hand. Ask politely for the manager. Tell them you were assured the dress would be available and you see on line that it is on backorder until March.

Then ask to buy the sample dress. And I would ask for a 10% discount on the sample dress. 

Since I don’t know what store you are talking about.... they may have more of the gown on hand. Or their order supply may be different than the public’s  Online store 

• nanu

yes.................................