brad asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 2 months ago

My Parents won't let me close my bedroom door duing the day times?

I am asking this because My Mom and Dad do not let me have my bedroom door open

I normally keep my door open all day....And I have been doing so for the past few weeks.

Ive just tried to plead my case as towhy i want some pirvacy of a night, But, My mom worries when i have thedoor closed (She thinks im engaging in illegal activity, When all i do is just listen to my music on YouTube)

She wants to make up a rule where if i do decide to close my door, I have to take my laptop to my loungeroom.

What can I Do about this?

The title of the Question is meant to say "My Parents won't let me close my bedroom door duing the Night times?" Was just in a rush to type..

Favorite Answer

There is more to this story than YOU are willing to own up to! Your parents don't just suddenly wake up one day and say "hey lets keep a close eye on our son", it doesn't work that way and I think you know that. Clearly, you have done something that has made your parents become suspicious of you, I don't know what it is, but you surely do, but aren't willing to cop to it.

I think you need to demonstrate you are trust-worthy here, you need to earn their trust 100%! It starts with NOT arguing with them, that's a non-debatable point here! I would also recommend you allow them to have access to your laptop's password, and all your social media accounts, this way it shows you have nothing to hide by offering them access. If you can show you are on the up and up, then they will have zero reason to suspect you are up to no good!

It's their house, they make the rules, if you don't like said rules, then I suggest you save up money and rent out a place of your own.

You are a CHILD so you dont need a closed or locked door. The fact you are whining and demanding one only proves you do things you know you can't do and should not be doing 

You have no right to privacy at all in her house. If you dont like it then you need to move out 

not much you can do about it but pray she changes her mind

• Ivan

How old are you first of all?

They are afraid you will be masterbating probably.

Or staying up late.

Do you have to keep the bathroom door open too?

Sleep is important.

It's their rules and house until you get older. Even so, until you move out, you're until their rule.

If you need to listen to music, use CDs, cassettes, or records instead.

You dont sound old enough to even have a cell phone with internet. 

I'm afraid she can make rules about laptop use without being abusive or overly controlling. But you do have a right to privacy, and you should be able to lock your door at night.

At my house it is and was, MY roof, MY rules. When you grow up and can provide for yourself, then you can make your rules. That's called goal setting.

• PAMELA

If you are 18 or over move out and live your own life, of course you will have to support yourself, otherwise, their house, their rules, out up with it until you can get out.

• Bob

You have controlling, manipulative, narcissistic, idiots for parents and all you can probably do is wait until you are old enough to GTFO and never see them again.

Your parents' attitude is pathetic and they should be ashamed of themselves.

I recommend you jerk off happily with the door open and make sure you make a lot of noise too. Bonus points if you can shoot your splooge at the exact moment your mother comes in to see what all the noise is about.

• audrey

Since they pay the bills, there is not much you can do. It doesn't seem fair unless they have some real reason not to trust you.