Can I celebrate my 40th birthday by releasing 40 balloons into the sky?

Favorite Answer

Sure ya can, who's blowing them up? ;-)

• Stanley
      1 month agoReport

Lol. Thanks for the BA.

Yes you can Mr. Eugene Lynch

• Diana

Its not a good idea, because the wildlife may try to eat the remains of the balloons.  

wouldn't recommend it, it won't help the airplanes, birds, or the ozone layer

• Cogito

No, please don't.  Balloons kill birds and aquatic mammals in their thousands.

• Should I find another way to celebrate?

Yes. Or, no. Whatever the hell you need to hear. Just please leave us out of it.

• Yes that's good for the environment

Happy 40th. Could you possibly release 40 birds into the sky? That'd be beautiful 

You could in the same sense that you could dump your kitchen trash bag all over a public park.  Most areas see it as littering, and if you're seen or reported, it would lean to a fine.  To add to that, we know that's not wonderful for the environment, so why bother.

• Kid Mohawk
      1 month agoReport

You should celebrate it with as much flair as you like.  I only encourage you to avoid intentionally harming the environment.

Bad idea.  One or more of those balloons might interfere with an airplane or helicopter flying in the area.  Helium balloons can rise pretty high in the atmosphere.

You could light forty candles.  You could give forty dollars to a worthy cause. You could even throw a party and invite forty people (without mentioning that it's for your birthday).

• Or I can watch Ethiopian movies. YouTube has them. I am interested in Ethiopian culture.