Is the advancement of technology beginning to invade our privacy? ?

I plan on writing an article about if the advancement of technology is invading our privacy more as time goes on. What do you guys think and why? My belief is that we are gonna have to sacrifice our privacy for new technology , but I would like to hear everybody’s opinion on this subject. 

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

YES! The government wants your brain, and Big Data is going to give it to them! The Thought Police of China are already on the move arresting Uygurs and sending them to concentration camps just for talking about their religion (islam) and the facial-scan cameras everywhere are talking directly to a central computer. 

Remember Viki from iRobot? We're getting kind of close to that.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 2 months ago

Your every move is already scrutinised and monitored so your protestations are a little late.

We are watched by CCTV, our bank accounts monitored and information about you sold to other companies. 

Your smartphone is tracked even if you're in rural locations so the police can keep tabs on you which is why so many dumb criminals get caught like the burglar who claimed he was somewhere else. 

I'm afraid the situation will only get worse and young people accept it because they can't remember what life was like in Britain before this privacy invasion, although to be fair, this country has become a very dangerous place since third world terrorism descended on us like a black cloud. 

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

I think that ship has already sailed. Governments (and others) now hold a vast amount of readily accessible data on their citizens. People make the assumption that their e-mails etc are like private correspondence. They are not.  The indications are that the future will involve more surveillance under the guise of 'security'. Does it matter? Probably not unless regimes act on the information they gather to take out political opposition.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

technology can expose the different values within society 

additionally technology advances at a far greater pace than society

society moves very slow, we still have creationists and flat earthers

the only constant throughout history is money talks, capitalism is the root of all evil

capitalism bribes, corrupts and manipulates the law for profit

judas betrays for 30 pieces of silver

we do not have to sacrifice anything, a true democracy allows the people to control its environment, to determine its law, regulations and acceptable behaviour of commerce and citizens

capitalism is the devils best creation, it plays on greed, morals and what people will sacrifice for 30 pieces of silver

early man discovered the evils of wealth and how it corrupts, where rulers saw themselves as God's, so they created religion to warn all and as a control mechanism

or you can play the bogeymam card and blame the communists

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

What is this "beginning" word?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.