Anonymous

What did my boss mean by “find your own style”?

I was called into the office in regards to supplying wrong parts to a store and that the boss told me I’m too quick and pointed out 2 older employees had been working longer than me and are the best in this role and had not made the mistake I made. He then told me I can’t be like them because they’re different people and that you need to find your style.

I’m interpreting it as him telling me I’m boring, have no lifestyle and a cool personality. 

Favorite Answer

You clearly weren't listening to what he said-

He was saying two things 1) You messed up on the job by rushing things 2) That you need to get your **** together and figure out not to mess up on the job again.

This is your "wake up call", be very lucky you weren't fired on the spot for such a huge screw up! Next time, slow down, use your brain and make sure the parts are packaged in the correct boxes.

are you female?

• 2 months agoReport

Male.

Your boss is stating that you have to find your own way of working, doing your job. 

He wasnt passing comment on your lifestyle, your coolness or your 'boringness', he doesn't  care, he's bothered that you are doing your job correctly.

You're an idiot.