Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 1 month ago

Why’d he leave me on read?

We met recently in a concert and got along really well. He got my snap chat and we are texting. 

He also much older than I am. He’s 22 i’m 16 (not illegal where i live) The last 2 times he started the conversation and he also sent me a good morning text. I can tell from the way he’s texting that he’d want to talk. Hes also very fast at replying. But i don’t know why he left me one read for 23 hours now. I don’t what I did wrong, and does this mean it’s the end between us.This time i started the conversation we talked a little BUT NOW IM LEFT OM READ FOR NO REASON

He probably thinks you're too young for him. And it's not illegal to DATE someone who is younger. The "illegality" of some relationships is when a person of adult age has sex with someone under the legal age of consent in the State where they live. That's statutory rape.

Dating isn't sex. And just because we'd date someone a bit older, it doesn't necessarily mean we are having sex with them.

My best advice is, unless you know a guy well, don't be messaging them and texting them. If a guy wants to communicate, he can make the first move.

Ya it’s probably the age thing. Most guys in their twenties don’t want to be with high school girls unless it’s purely for sex. I would move on from this guy. There are plenty of great guys your own age. 

OMG- this is like so ghastly! MAYBE he just realized that you're 16 and can't go anywhere where alcohol is served. Maybe he just realized that you are 16 and can't talk about anything except BTS and school. That's a HUGE maturity gap. Find someone your own age.