My boyfriend and I can’t sleep together ?

I just turned 20 last week and I have been together with my boyfriend for five years.  He and I have always been able to spend the night but he had to sleep in a different room.  But recently I have been bringing him into my room.  My mom is mad about it and keeps saying that is their big rule.  But I am 20 and we have been together for so long I don’t see what the big deal is. I still live with my mom because I am in college 

I didn't let my kids have overnight girlfriends or boyfriends, either. Long term, short term relationships, no.

I like my privacy in the morning and my personal routine. I really don't need strange people wandering around my house mornings. That's my reasoning.

There could be exceptions - like if there was a crisis or someone's house burned down.

My sister let her son have his long-term girlfriend overnight and after they broke up, he had the next girlfriend spending the night. After that, it was a procession of girls in and out overnight. She got upset about it, but who started it? She did, by allowing it to happen in the first place.

I agree with you, its not like you just met your boyfriend so I don't see what the big deal is. But its her house, and her rules, so you have to respect that. Try reasoning with her, or consider having him in your room when she is not home.

Your mom is worried for you given that you are in college.  But most moms today were born in the era of the pill and birth control so that shouldn't be a worry.  You need to discuss the issue with her. It shouldn't be about rules as much as about the REASONS behind her view.

I personally don't get your Mom's insecurities on this one! You guys are adults and have been together for 5 years, its time she back off and stop trying to meddle. I could understand if it was some guy you just met, yea, I could buy her being leery of that, but this is a guy you know very well.

I honestly think you just need to ask your mother why it bothers her so much at the thought of you guys hooking up? 

So rent a hotel room. Your mom's rule are your mom's rules. You can't change her.