Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 1 month ago

I feel like I’m the only one who truly understands my girlfriend. Her parents are trying to throw her onto the road. What’s going on ?

My girlfriend is 27. We have been in a relationship for 5 years. I’m a very patient and understanding person and I’ve been aware of her extreme anxiety that she’s has basically her entire life and throughout the duration of our relationship. She also has a troubled memory and can’t remember anything. I’m being serious when I say that she wouldn’t be able to tell you how to get to her house and back. She doesn’t know any directions or how to get to places. She told me that her parents have been irritated with her for not driving and that her dad is tired of taking her to the grocery store. Granted, he only has to take her to the grocery store which is only a couple minutes away. I take her to her job which is about an hour away. I have never once complained. It doesn’t bother me but I understand that she’s not quite ready for the road yet. She needs to be getting into therapy before she even thinks of getting her license. I blame her parents because they have never once tried to get to know her. They never had her in therapy. She gets black outs while she’s practicing driving with me. Someone getting black outs is not someone who is ready to drive. I would rather drive her everywhere rather then her getting out there and killing someone or her killing her self. And my grandmother agreed with me that she is not ready and said my daughter’s parents are selfish and not understanding. I have 3 siblings that are 25 and my dad drives around all of them with no moaning and groaning.

Favorite Answer

Obviously something medically wrong. But all I can say is at least she has you. Not everyone has amazing understanding parents. It's hard and tough pill to swallow but forget it. You're there for her and keeping her safe. Unless she lives with them. Just don't speak to them any more.. They are who they are. They'll never change, especially with her already being 27.

maybe she should see a neurologist to find out why she has those issues

• Foofa

There's clearly something seriously wrong with this woman and she may need more than just therapy. Blacking out like that could be anything from dangerously low blood pressure (perhaps indicating internal bleeding), way out of control blood sugar or even a brain tumor. Start with an MD to rule out physical causes.