I don’t like my boyfriend’s gift idea, advice?

So I told me boyfriend I wanted this $150 necklace from Tiffany’s and he agreed, but only if I get get him a gift that costs the same price or atleast close to it. I think that’s lame because I wanted him to splurge a little on me, and now he’s trying to make sure I get him something that costs the same. Is he being unreasonable? Frugal? 

it's not frugal or unreasonable. you are being greedy and he is calling you out on it. don't ask more of someone than you are willing to give

So, did your boyfriend ask you what you wanted or did you just tell him what to do? There's a huge difference.

And his "condition" that you get something for him the same price seems fair, if you gave him an order to buy that necklace. Honestly? I write my boyfriend a list of things i might want for Christmas AFTER he asks -- and he picks one or a few things. If he doesn't ask, he gets me whatever he wants to get for me.

• MCM

Just. Be happy u get something u ungrateful b#tch

He isn't being unreasonable or frugal.  You BOTH are being mercenary.  From what you tell me you are only a short step away from prostitution. Of course if he had a vastly greater income than yours the answer might be different.  But you mustn't be a girlfriend for the money.