I don’t like my boyfriend’s gift idea, advice?

So I told me boyfriend I wanted this $150 necklace from Tiffany’s and he agreed, but only if I get get him a gift that costs the same price or atleast close to it. I think that’s lame because I wanted him to splurge a little on me, and now he’s trying to make sure I get him something that costs the same. Is he being unreasonable? Frugal? 

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

it's not frugal or unreasonable. you are being greedy and he is calling you out on it. don't ask more of someone than you are willing to give

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

So, did your boyfriend ask you what you wanted or did you just tell him what to do? There's a huge difference.

And his "condition" that you get something for him the same price seems fair, if you gave him an order to buy that necklace. Honestly? I write my boyfriend a list of things i might want for Christmas AFTER he asks -- and he picks one or a few things. If he doesn't ask, he gets me whatever he wants to get for me.

• MCM
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Just. Be happy u get something u ungrateful b#tch

• 1 month ago

He isn't being unreasonable or frugal.  You BOTH are being mercenary.  From what you tell me you are only a short step away from prostitution. Of course if he had a vastly greater income than yours the answer might be different.  But you mustn't be a girlfriend for the money.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.